Which pro would you want to learn poker from?

Which pro would you pick to teach you poker?

• Total voters
spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Say you didn't know a thing about poker and had the opportunity to pick one of these pros. They would teach you for a week or two straight everything they knew in an attempt to turn you into a poker assassin. Who would you pick and why?

A

Aurelio H

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu because i think hes the best imo. hes a real funny guy too so i won't be bored while learning, and i really like the way he plays n how he thinks

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tuan Le.

I love his hyper loose-aggressive style and his very laid back approach to the game. He plays like he doesn't care and I think that is a very scary and unpredictable. To paraphrase JC Tran when he played with Tuan Le at the WPT championship "...It's a 25K buy-in game for millions of dollars and Tuan plays it like its a $10 home game."

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted for Doyle Brunson, he has far more experience than any other player on your list.

D

dranger7070

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I picked Phil Hellmuth. The guy might be a pompous ass, but he is still BY FAR my favorite poker player. The guy has accomplished so much when it comes to tournament poker that how can anyone NOT pick him?

Sure he might blow up about "bad beats" (and I can say that I do the same thing on occasion, ironic huh? :p) but no one can deny that the guy has got SKILL.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would definitely want to learn from ivey more than anybody. ivey has no fear in anything, i mean seriously...the guy bets 200, 000 bucks on a freethrow, are you kidding me? this is the guy to be like.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle has probably played more hands than the rest combined. He also does not have a style. He is very difficult to read.

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil hellmuth, because he is...the best.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't mind being trained by Kenny Tran because I, too, would like to be a genius.

I would also be able to say things like:
'Oh my got! That has to be da greatest caw in poker!'
'I've got to be the bess!'
'...I caw!'
'I'm aww in.'

<3 Kenny

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine isn't up there....

My choice -->ChuckTs ;)

---:icon_sant

I

ivantech

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to learn poker from a combination of Ivey, Tran, and some chronic. Not only would it be informative but hilarious.

S

sd great 1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ERIC LINDGREN HAS OVER TAKEN DANIEL NEGREANU AS MY FAVORITE PLAYER, HIS PLAY AT THIS YEARS wsop BACKS ME UP.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't mind being trained by Kenny Tran because I, too, would like to be a genius.

'...I caw!'
'I'm aww in.'

<3 Kenny

Haha, dead on. Sign me up.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it has to be a combination of Negreanu and Hansen. Hansen because he has the guts to play with any two cards, and Negreanu because of his sick reads

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pick Todd Brunson just because he is really smart and I think he would be the coolest to hang out with.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

Ahem .. 3 time WSOP main event champion (2 years back to back)...

and a hell of a party guy!!!

Cant understand why a certain pro isn't on this hypothetical list!!! :mad:

D

DertyJerz1014

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted for Hellmuth cause obviously hes one of the greatest of all time, but my favorite player is Negreanu, so either one would be a great teacher.

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

'...I caw!'
'I'm aww in.'

<3 Kenny

My gf and I always joke about Kenny tran, usually when one of figures out something puzzling to the other..."awww u such a genius" "you make genius cawww"

M

makeitrain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I picked Negreanu because I already play like him so it wouldn't be that hard :D. and instead of having to learn poker he could teach me to read people liek a pro.

H

Hit_it&enjoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Tom Dwan, wonder if he could teach cuz isn't there a saying "those do who can't do, teach".:dontknow:

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To be a serious, profitable player and not part of the brat pack. Mike Caro is the one to show you about the real reason to play poker. MONEY!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Mike sexton

nvm, lol Deeb, i'd much rather be coached by shaundeeb than Freddy deeb

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd consider Doyle, but in the end it has to be Hellmuth. Phil Hellmuth is the best player in the world and you could learn so much from him. His reading skills are second to none and I've never seen anyone trap so well.