Which Pro Will Do Best At WSOP

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who do you think will be the most successful pro poker player at this years wsop? Who will win a bracelet or two, or three?
Some of the Internet pros might do very well this year, what do you think?
If this sort of stuff interests you, why don't you check out the contest I have started, to predict winners at the WSOP.

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm hoping Negreanu will bring his game back from 2004 and make a run at the Series. I think he has been playing too much golf lately though and hasn't been playing as much as he used to. I might be wrong though.

I don't want Hellmuth to win though. Would be nice to see Johnny Chan win a couple and get even with/beat Hellmuth's record bracelets.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I agree with you about Negreanu, it would be nice to see him back on top of his game. It will be interesting to see how Tom Dwan does this year, but I remember him saying that he might not play that many events if there is enough cash game action going on in Vegas at the time.
I think Bertrand Grospeller might have a bit of a run this year from the internet pro side of things. The Mizrachi brothers are due a bracelet or two from the tourny grinders out there. It will be interesting.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I think the WSOP would really be a waste of time for Dwan as he could be grinding out the high stakes cash tables, which will be busy as hell, and make a killing.

TiltF0rLife

TiltF0rLife

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My money is on Allen Cunningham, he kept quiet during the last WSOP, he's going to bring his A game to this year's WSOP and show the kids how it's done.

S

squeakybummer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i predict tht Mike "The Mouth" Matusow will win the main event :)

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I expect Eric Lindgren to have a big year. He did really well last year he just didn't win many events

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is FT running that WSOP fantasy league again this year? Last year I saw it right at the end of the world series so I want to get in it early this time to have a chance at winning some stuff.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Negreanu will do well this year,
I also think that Mike Matusow will do well this year.
It is so hard to pick someone in the main event.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my 15 for the fantasy team on FT has all known pros, but i feel there'll be an upset with some unknowns.
i was going to do some checking but haven't got around to it yet. that is what new faces could be possibles. i'll let you know when i find out.
peace and gl :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we look at success as taking home a bunch of money and making numerous deep runs, even if they don't necessarily win a bracelet, then I'd be looking at some of the quiet achievers like Michael Binger, Marco Traniello and JC Tran.

I'd even include Phil Hellmuth in that category (excluding the quiet achiever bit) if he goes back to playing hold 'em tournaments instead of pretending he knows how to play everything like he did last year.

As for winning bracelets, who knows. Negreanu, Cunningham and Lindgren are as solid a bet as anyone else, IMO. And again, add Hellmuth if he actually plays enough hold 'em.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If we look at success as taking home a bunch of money and making numerous deep runs, even if they don't necessarily win a bracelet, then I'd be looking at some of the quiet achievers like Michael Binger, Marco Traniello and JC Tran.

I'd even include Phil Hellmuth in that category (excluding the quiet achiever bit) if he goes back to playing hold 'em tournaments instead of pretending he knows how to play everything like he did last year.

As for winning bracelets, who knows. Negreanu, Cunningham and Lindgren are as solid a bet as anyone else, IMO. And again, add Hellmuth if he actually plays enough hold 'em.

lol hellmuth is a dick and stuff but he did well in the ME last year...

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hellmuth

He's a azz, but you can't argue with results. I would like to see david do well.

take care

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol hellmuth is a dick and stuff but he did well in the ME last year...

Yeah, he did do well in the Main Event. And he would've done well in a bunch of other tournaments too except he got some kind of "people pick on me because all my bracelets are in hold 'em" bee in his bonnett and entered all those HORSE tournaments and stuff.

For the love of gawd Phil, stick to what you're good at!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lindgren & Cunningham will both have a great WSOP this year. I don't know specifically what they will excel in, but I do know that they will excel.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hopefully negreanu can pull out at least one.

would be nice to see him get another bracelet

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like what I'm hearing from everyone about Allen Cunningham; he is actually my pick. It just seems like he always brings that "A" game to the bracelet races

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey. No doubt.

Phil Ivey. Just go ahead and put his pic up in Binions and get the bracelet properly fitted.

Phil Ivey. Make sure you get his good side when you take his pic.

Phil Ivey. Yes sir reeee bob.

Duccleman

Duccleman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Chris Ferguson will make his presence known this year and maybe Huck Seed.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey. No doubt.

Phil Ivey. Just go ahead and put his pic up in Binions and get the bracelet properly fitted.

Phil Ivey. Make sure you get his good side when you take his pic.

Phil Ivey. Yes sir reeee bob.
But how do u think Phil Ivey will do?

Come on people click the link in the OP and play the game :)

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure PH entered the HORSE events to just try and get another bracelet.. lol

and considering that the 50k HORSE is a pretty prestigious event, i dont see why he wouldnt play it

Bernard Pugi

Bernard Pugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can I watch WSOP? Can I watch it in the internet?

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going for Huck Seed cos he is kind of an outsider...

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But how do u think Phil Ivey will do?

Come on people click the link in the OP and play the game :)

Wise words from a wise man. Come on guys and gals, the first game ( event 2 ) starts in 2 days, it's the $40K NLHE event and will be awash with pros. Come play in our "Last Pro Standing" contest for as little as $1 - yeah that's right, ONE DOLLAR. It's easy, just follow this link and gogogo.

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
WSOP