Pro-Files: Mike Matusow
I'll bet you'd all thought I'd given up on this idea.Nope.
My first and last attempt at something like this was the Ben Roberts Profile which I think attracted some attention, but not much commentary; probably due to lack of name recognition. Also, being my first attempt, it was somewhat experimental and a little akward looking.
So, with my next installment I'm trying something new. First off, I'm posting it in the general section for all members. With Ben, I was a little worried that I might be opening myself up for some trouble. Some sites frown on data mining, but apparently, Full Tilt, the site where all this data was collected doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Secondly, those of you who did tune in before will notice that my technique is greatly improved resulting in a much cleaner look. And finally, I've collected enough hands from a houshold name to hopefully generate some more responses from our members. After all, this is a chat room, not a magazine.
Other than Phil Helmuth, in the world of professional poker, few people ispire more interest than my next featured player, Mike Matusow
. He's loud, obnoxious and ugly as a mud fence. Sorry Mike, but I'm sure I'm not the first to notice. He's also thouroughly entertaining and a darn good player.
What's great about the hands I've collected from Mike is that their very consistent. All of them are from either $50/$100 or $25/$50 No Limit Hold'em tables with a maximum of 6 players. Also, Mike seems to have an aversion to Heads-Up and short tables. Only 184 of the 1164 hands are from of this sort. All for the best as you'll see. Mike is just getting clobbered at the short table. What this means is that we have a very large sample of hands of the sort that most Hold'em players are likely to face. That doesn't mean that we won't look into the short table situations. In fact, the losses from these few hands which make up only 10% of the total are equal to his entire winnings from the other 90%. This is a huge leak.
Please don't think of this as my thread, and feel free to ad any information or commentary you think might enhance it. Some of the stats and information I post may be a little confusing for those of you unfamiliar with Poker Tracker
, the software I used to gather it. Fortunately there are alot of members here who can help, and as I am unable to patrol this thread 24/7 I welcome the assistance.
Here we go.