R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Gentlemen, I have noticed that the Sunday Storm tournament that takes place every Sunday at pokerstars has ever smaller prizes, it has already been U $ 300.000,00, U $ 250.000,00 and now it is U $ 175.000,00. What could be happening would be a lack of publicity to attract new players, or perhaps because of the worldwide financial crisis, in short, make your comments.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question, maybe there are more rooms giving good prizes too, so dropped the number of entries in the tournament .. I also play only 2 years will still do, so I did not know either paid so much so in the past

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They focusing more on sunday millions which has been running for over 5 years now. Sunday storm hasn't really been a big hit.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The storm is more of a niche tournament now.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are multiple factors that have resulted in a decline in this tournaments guarantee, let me see if I can type out what they all are!!

firstly, since it is the summer months, a lot of the people who would play this MTT will be out having BBQ's and partying.

since PS increased the rake by 20%, there will be quite a few players that will not be happy about this and therefore will stop playing this game.

also continuing on talking about rake increases, there will be a lot of players who will have stopped playing the sattelites due to the rake increases.

again continuing on with the rake increases, there a lot of players who have completely left pokerstars because of the rake increases.

another thing I would like to add is if pokerstars decided to put a 500k guarantee on next weeks Sunday Storm, the guarantee would most definitely be hit.... why you may ask.... because a lot of players see this guarantee as juicy and will fire the MTT, so deep deep down in this decline of guarantees pokerstars has no-one to blame but themselves.

for instance, look at these "common cents" right now, why do you think they are able to get a $10k prizepool on a 99c buy in? because they have enticed a lot of people in by putting a $10k guarantee sticker on the mtt.

if they did that everyday, obviously we would all pay 99c to play in a $10k guarantee mtt, why don't they? who knows....