Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that actually a thing?

I just folded Q 2 offsuited, post flop

Flop is 2 Queens, and a 4.

Turn card is the 4th Queen.

At this point 2 is all in, with significantly lower hands than what I would have had.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Oh, its a thing alright. Absolutely drives me mad when some crap hand I just folded turns into a gold mine. I have tried to fix this by playing the odd junky hand, usually just limping in behind a bunch of limpers. So usually in late position and when I have a decent stack size. That way if I hit, there is lots of money in the pot and if I dont I can just fold without losing too much money.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to me all the time. Like you example you would have tripled up holding the nuts and 2 players go all in. Then the very next hand you are dealt AA and go all in and get called by something like 66 and they hit a 6 to knock you out. Can be very depressing. You just need to realize that every hand you would have gotten lucky with, there were probably 10 or more you would have lost with but don’t remember those. It’s a losing proposition long term but can be depressing short term.

Best of luck.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

At this point 2 is all in, with significantly lower hands than what I would have had.

Wow! Goodness me! You must be the first person ever to have had this happen!!!

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more painful to accidentally fold straight flush because you were so excited and made "small" mistake to click wrong button.
But definitely everyone were in same position as you described.

RealLez

RealLez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, and very often( but this is a momentary feeling... I am well aware that I could not have foreseen the card and the feeling of regret passes)

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if I'm losing! Like if I'm down a buy in or already tilted for some reason it drives me mad like "that was it that was my hand to get me out of the hole" but in general no! An exercise to practice is after you fold a hand like Q2 look at the flop and the action, most of the time you'll find yourself saying something like "glad I wasn't in this pot" you'll realise yourself saying that way more than "no that was my hand" to the point where it won't even matter!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This happens a lot, and far too many players regret folding their junk hands pre-flop or even post-flop. How often do I hear, "Oh crap, I folded a winner." What these players are not considering are the odds they were not going to get by continuing to play their crappy hands. If this happens enough, these kinds of players loosen up their starting hand range and become easier targets for the better players.

J

jesusdemaria

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shit happens...

It has happened to me, many times, but you should think that you play "poker" and not "bingo-poker", if there were no initial hand selection, you would win the best hand in each hand and the game would not make sense , it would be a draw.
Folding weak hands preflop is correct, more so in a long-term activity like poker.
excuse my bad english...

grettings!

Q

queensbeatsaj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm playing on line poker and this happens to me, I think I've folded a monster pre flop after seeing flop, is such regret valid? I ask this because on line poker RNG's may or may not keep shuffling during play, probably thousands of times per second. In fact I think they do simply because it's easier that way. So, the other day I folded Q4 pre flop, on line poker. The flop came 444. But, had I been in the pot there is absolutely no way the flop would have come out that way because the cards would keep shuffling, the extra seconds my involvement in the pot caused would have shuffled the cards thousands of times. So, LIVE poker, definitely lots of regrets folding post flop monsters. On Line poker, none, the cards keep shuffling.

E

Emilfu81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! Goodness me! You must be the first person ever to have had this happen!!!

Is there any specific reason that you're being condescending?

Is the forum only to discuss things that only happen once?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as the hand is folded i don't care what happens with the remaining players and what cards are coming. Hand like Q2 especially if it is offsuite is clear fold in much of the situations. You should try to always take correct decisions and in long term you will be on the plus side.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well when i fold weird hands and they get to win i am like man you could have won that ... but only for a moment and then i move on ... The worst thing is when you play a supposed good hand like AA or AK and you lose to some who called with 2 ,8 or something similar . Thats when i get tilted.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as frustrating as that can be you have to remember you made the correct play by folding garbage cards.

E

Emilfu81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as frustrating as that can be you have to remember you made the correct play by folding garbage cards.

Thats a very good advice, I like that.

Simple and right on the spot.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you call that a "depression" then I shall be a patient of a mental clinic based on my experiences. I mean you could have much harder experiences like going all in with KK, a newbie calls with a trash hand like A7 and he gets his ace.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don't think about this. It is called "fish's lament" (I made that up). Forget the cards you fold. They don't matter. Next time are you going to go all in with q2 on the off chance it may hit quads?

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has happened to me, many times, but you should think that you play "poker" and not "bingo-poker", if there were no initial hand selection, you would win the best hand in each hand and the game would not make sense , it would be a draw.
Folding weak hands preflop is correct, more so in a long-term activity like poker.
excuse my bad english...

grettings!

I have read several comments here that seem to be a jumble of letters. However, your comment is totally understandable and your English is fine here.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These situations have happened to everybody and every time I am saying to myself that I have made the right decision. Q 2 off suited is fold, for sure.

Imagine the other situation that you have called and someone have made a better full house at the river and you were out. You will tell yourself, why I called with that horrible hand. In my opinion is better to fold these kind of hands and no think what has happened after that. When you fold you should start to think for the next hand.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get tilted over a lot of things, but something like making a correct fold preflop and then seeing that flop come out doesn't bother me. I try to not play for luck. Random calls hoping to get lucky aren't my thing. Folding Q2o preflop is the right play.

Folding in Poker