Poker Warm Up

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many players out there perform a deliberate warm-up before playing poker?

In The Mental Game of Poker (J Tendler), it talks about incorporating a warm-up into your poker playing routine, and if you do not diligently have a warm-up, the first 10-15 mins of your play, or whatever you are doing first is your warm-up, whether you know it or not.

Before reading this, I kind of did do a poker warm-up from time to time, but after reading, I have decided to have a more proper/standard warm-up, which includes:
-Smoke and Coffee
-Checking Cardschat for messages, news threads, etc.
-Figuring out what type of tables I will play
-Reading strategy for the type of table I will play
-Starting off with a Micro spin and go
-Poker Grind
-Depending on how it ends, cooling off at a Cash Table, or throwing it down to burn off steam at the gym.
-Writing in my poker journal to summarize bankroll change, play summary, places for potential improvements

Any thoughts?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to eat a little bit of a snack or relax to get ready

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coffee and pastries for warm-up. Well, during the game, too, are not superfluous

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually warm up for a tournament by playing a cash game until it starts.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always before the game, go outside for 10 minutes and it helps to give a good mood for the game

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do anything special before playing poker just make sure to do all your chores first so you can fully focus.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the game session I kiss my wife and open energy drink :) After each session I write and calculate my results in the Microsoft Excel as you.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe one of the things he was referring to was the fact that in the warm-up you should focus on boosting your motivation with things like long term goals and then session goals.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you google the thread's name you'll find a site that helps you to prepare for a session using Tendler's techniques and recommendations. Maybe it will be helpful for someone.