Poker variants

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

I enjoy playing NLH and PLO and have begun learning 7 card stud.

Other than NLH, what are your favorite variants of poker?

Do you have an opinion on which games a person should learn, if they're primarily a NLH player but want to branch out?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I used to like to play limit hold'em. But now there are very few tables with this game.

E

EuroJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stud is such a great choice. It opens you up to most of HORSE and will improve your NLH game by helping you induce bluffs, get free cards, and value betting thin. As for the rest of the games, I'd say it depends on what is available in the live/online rooms you play in.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can freely play in the mood, try all sorts of new poker games - Omaha, Stud, H.O.R.S.E, Badugi and others, whose names you have not even heard. They can bring much more pleasure than conventional hold'em. In a no-limit game on a full table there is always a calm game, and in an hour there can be only one serious confrontation, whereas in some versions of limit games there is a constant movement. Be sure to discover the fast poker in which you are constantly in the game.

Even if you want to become a pro in poker, try playing with love, so that the process is pleasant and fun. This approach will allow you to look at the game differently, and probably you will open some new moments, reading opponents, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The correct answer is...badugi.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loved when pokerstars had freerolls with all the different games and if you did well you could win a ticket to weekend tourney--i used to like Badugi

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play Hold'em, but only in tournaments, and in the cash game I prefer to play in Omaha, I have 2 variants of the game and it suits me!