Poker Time Management

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

I am fairly new to cardschat but I have been recently struggling with my time management playing poker. I am an artist as well and so I work from home and can usually do quite well but lately I have probably been giving a little too much time to poker lol. I love the game and I have been profitable but not enough where I should be cutting into my work time. Last year I profited about $5000 total but my average buy ins were around $11 or so each. I would like to get some feedback on how much a day you guys spend playing poker. I try to reserve Sunday completely for poker and only a play few hours if i have time on the other days of the week. Do any of you have a system that is working out really well for you?

Thanks

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite question.I play cash games 4-5 days per week 5-6 hours per day.I make 1-2 hour session than go outside or relax.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that you yourself must build your system. Too many individual factors affect this.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Establish you priorities.
With too many tournaments on the line we must focus on the most important ones for us attempting to attend our life's priorities.

D

dkoeberl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all about scheduling your week according to a set amount of priorities.

(Example: Priorities are tournaments and Cash Games...
I want to dedicate:
1 full day to live tournaments
1 full day to live cash games
1 full day to online play
6 days max to play any kind of poker)

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play tournaments, if I do well only play one tournament a day and Sundays a couple of them. This takes me on average 2 to 3 hours.
But you should consider measuring the number of hands

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 4 hours a day. it is advisable to begin to multitabler minimum 6 table to make your playing time profitable. until reaching 12 table at the same time. but it must not interfere with your level of play.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day for 3-5 hours) I play mostly tournaments

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play tournaments you need to reserve 6-7 hours a day, this time is needed to take 1st place in the tournament. With cache easier, you can play as many hours a day as you want.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question which concerns everybody at some stage. It very much depends how you treat poker. Is it just one of your several hobbies, is it your main hobby or is it at professional level? For me poker is just one of my hobbies so i usually play for 1 to 3 hours after work approximately 2 or 3 days during business week. I like to play during weekends but unfortunately rarely have the time needed. Your strategy to play in the evenings during week and reserve sunday for poker looks good compromise to me.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I set aside every evening for poker but then only play in the evening unless there's a special tournament, but I will always give it up to do something more social with friends or family. This way I play about 10-15 hours per week but still balance everything else in my life!

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time is money

This depends on the sites you play as well as your favorite tournaments. In a way, setting up a bankroll is an efficient schedule for the available tournaments, I'm starting with the promotions that cardschat offers, based on which set priorities and the best of their time.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know, in poker online should definitely adhere to what time mainegov, say if I play cash it is better to play sessions say to determine for a couple of hours or an hour, and if the tournaments it is better to Grindeth on the weekends, there's even a special tournament Saturday and Sunday, play on weekends, and the rest of the time, take a break from poker, then you will increase the performance and equity of the hand range! Good luck!

antonios007

antonios007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i also find hard sometimes to keep up with playing daily and also be social... it's all about priorities i guess. but is easy to get lost if you start playing often and more professionally as you get more experience

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On weekends, I play poker for 6-8 hours. On weekdays I play poker 2-3 hours a day. Of course, there are days when I do not play poker, but it depends on my mood.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same problem here, tournaments take for hours & can just consume your whole evening til midnight, what I do is I play some turbos for fun or maybe just 1 tournament that can take for long hours.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play 3-4 hours each day. But on Saturday and Sunday, I usually play more than 8-12 hours. Sometimes, I can go on a business trip for a few days, then I take a break and do not play poker.
Good luck.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play for 40 minutes and take breaks and come back and reload

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have plenty of free time, so I can play for 5-6 hours a day, and basically I play every day. But I spend very little time studying. Therefore, in the future, I plan to spend 3-4 hours a week to study.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate myself when I forego my work, which is writing, to play online. Even if I make money online, the value of the lost time weighs on me.

I

induce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think it matters too much. your life should take priority over a game.
any time you put into it will reap dividends as long as you approach it seriously!

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still working on this myself can be hard to walk away from a good game.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a schedule like you would when you're working from home. Time management is crucial in most aspects of life and if you need to set an alarm on your phone as a reminder you should do that. I prefer cash games to tournaments and that makes it easier to navigate leaving at any time. I do Sundays when I don't have anything else to play tournaments since I can just sit and grind those. They do take a lot more time in larger fields and need to kind of kill a day to play them if you do well.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

I am fairly new to cardschat but I have been recently struggling with my time management playing poker. I am an artist as well and so I work from home— and can usually do quite well but lately I have probably been giving a little too much time to poker lol. I love the game and I have been profitable but not enough where I should be cutting into my work time. Last year I profited about $5000 total but my average buy ins were around $11 or so each. I would like to get some feedback on how much a day you guys spend playing poker. I try to reserve Sunday completely for poker and only a play few hours if i have time on the other days of the week. Do any of you have a system that is working out really well for you?

Thanks
My2 cents—you cant talk about time management without including study time.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time management is a difficult one when it comes to poker
Especially tournaments lasting around 8 hours
My advise is just to play one day a week
Because once you start playing you will most likely want to continue for hours, lol
So one day a week is great