Is poker stressing you?

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's face it. Poker does bring in stress and it is due to a lot of factors. But, if you play poker for fun, a lot of the stress flies away. You can still play poker for money, but understanding the game helps you lead a stress free poker life. You may not win money, but the job satisfaction you get when you play poker as a skill is unmatchable. So how do you let your steam off, if you bust out of a tournament. Remember, its just a game. And there are lots of next tournaments available too. Don't be in a hurry. You got all the time in the world. Don't feel pressured to prove yourself within a time frame. Relax. And never give up. You can grind for a year with no results and be the greatest thing on the planet in the next year. The power of not giving up is real.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No poker does not stress me I put 10% of my annual income as bankroll for the year feed it into the grinder (deposit) when I feel like it with the knowledge that this will probably be lost and be pleasantly surprised if I fail to lose it during the year as I play some of the toughest games on the net.
Huge field million dollar tournaments,High variance sit and go super turbos and spin and gos for example still:hahaha: hoping on that up to a million dollar spin one day that always seems to land on a 2x the majority of the time with 33% equity while playing.:eek:
Once you separate your life roll 90% from your can afford to lose poker roll 10% until you land a massive win you should be fine and not get stressed out.
Now if instead of risking an affordable amount of money I start playing with the food and utility bill money for the year yes of course you can end up a very stressed out person on a downswing sitting in the dark after your power and internet provider cut you off with creditors or bailiffs possibly calling to your door if burying your head in the sand letting things spiral out of control and failing to communicate properly with them you might end up here stressed.;)
Next year sitting in tropical island paradise rich too while doubtful is only possible if never give up agree.:D
bailiff-whack-his-pee-pee

Last edited:
PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker taught me to lose with peace of mind, before discovering Poker I was rather a bad loser and now I analyze what I did wrong. :rolleyes:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have developed calmness in myself in this game and there is nothing to surprise me here and not to piss off me
I take everything for granted
after all, most of the losses are due to myself and my decisions

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing can be stressful so I do all I can to ensure I am playing profitably, repeat, and hope for the best.

That's about all you can do, and the stress isn't too bad as long as you keep a long-term focus.

After all how bad can it be... making extra money from the comfort of my own home.

Lately I play freerolls like a lunatic to blow off steam from cash sessions, but watch out if I decide to get back into tournaments!

Good luck! :D

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with poker you learn to control many things such as bank control which can be one of the reasons for stress or not winning

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it does stress me out, but most of the time it amuses and entertains me.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
downswings stress me out but other than that, not really

Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing when you have expendable income is one thing. Playing when you paid the bills you could and don't have rent money so you sit down at a table with the little you do have is a completely different story. I used to make the majority of my living playing because it was the only income I could find. Now that is stressful.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was your full time job I think it could be very stressful when on a downswing.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I am not a terribly disciplined person, poker helps me learn to control my emotions, but stress ??? There is a lot of stress in my life, so one more, one less does not bother me.
Best regards, Sergei.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's not about stress at the poker game, for me, I rather get annoyed when I lose some hands but the stress doesn't exist.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to avoid stress i prefer to play fast games. ok i know the disadvantages of that but i feel more comfortable playing that way.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get stressed if I play multiple tables, for example 3 tables. I think it's too early for me to play multi-table tournaments. Sometimes I start to get nervous if there are more than 3000 tournament participants.:):ahhhhh:

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Never, nope - poker relaxes me! :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before, I was really very worried and angry when I was eliminated from the tournament, now I take it more calmly, I just wait for the next tournament and hope that I will play better !!! You should always try to play for the first place, but it is foolish to make any plans for money that you have not won yet !!!

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker does not stress me, but I do get panic attacks when I play, when I'm all in on a hand deep in a tourney I sweat and my heart beats fast, other than that it doesn't stress me , not it never has gave me stress....if it were to give me stress I'd have to be losing thousands from playing poker, which never happened yet lol

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the day comes when i don't enjoy a game of poker,i will walk away.But i love it now and i don't see it changing anytime soon,,, :)

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t play high enough stakes to be stressed out. I play poker to de-stress. The day I get stressed is the time to walk away for a while

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is very easy to answer your question. When I am winning and running in a great way, it is not stressful for me, quite the opposite of when I have a losing streak but this is where you have to have strength to continue playing

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i learned to keep balance and calm

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker was causing me stress, I would just stop playing it, but fortunately it only causes me positive emotions

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
During my early days it use to stress me a lot. Now, very little. One of the teachings poker offered to me. Now I am dealing with my stress much better and more patient. Thanks God and the angels of poker:):):):)

Last edited:
H

hoondo87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't stress me but there are times when I'm on an upswing I start thinking "I am bound to get unlucky soon or later." That thinking is quite stressful :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
although I am used to this turn of events in the game every time, sometimes drinking a few drops of a sedative does not interfere in creepy moments[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]IMG 20200917 083644