Poker Sponsorship

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the road to a career as poker professional having no bankroll is a huge obstacle. I know some have been successful in building up their stacks from freerolls and I have managed to earn some amongst the maniacs and hero callers but inevitably down swings get me broke again.

Always trying to improve my game and obviously in need of a magic cure for my BRM inadequacies I stumbled on Bankroll Supplyhttps://bankrollsupply.com who primarily sponsors poker players bankrolls but what lead me to them was the keywords mentor bankroll management. If approved they assign a mentor and grant you a daily "loss limit" bankroll with 50/50 profit share. As you progress and prove that you earn well your take increases to 40/60 and 30/70 until finally you reach mentor status yourself.

I have not considered sponsorship and even now stumbling on the stakings forum it is something that I haven't thought about before. I know pokerstars will recruit supernovas but without a bankroll how on earth.. least to say not something I considered. Since I've had time to think about it, profit sharing while enjoying backing is not a bad idea and certainly a way to get out of microstakes to more serious competition.

I am a little concerned though, has anyone heard of or had dealings with Bankroll Supply are they legit or fly by night. Already the information on their domain and SSL certificates are questionable but I don't want to reject the opportunity outright hence fishing for more information. My concerned would be receiving payment of my winning share as I would be in their mercy.

Any other feedback on sponsorship would be awesome and I thank you in advance for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never heard of them.

Most legitimate stakers would want you to have some solid results before staking you.

I know plenty of people who have backers and didn't really have a choice since they didn't have their own bankroll or one large enough to play the stakes they knew they could be profitable at.

But once you get in it is very hard to ever get out on your own. I personally would never do it but plenty of people do.

I don't mind selling packages where I can keep half of my own winnings - but watching people play and win and only get to keep 25% (or less) because they owe their backers so much money is heart breaking. It happens way more than you know. Variance is a bitch - have a bad run and you are in trouble.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup very true Dakota variance is a bitch and the bad run thingy is a bust. agramenon i feel if you cant wade through the small stake degens and or make a profit in the small stakes how will you ever be able make in the higher stakes. experience and schooling in the game will be the main factor. after saying this i dont know your game or anything about ya i just reflect on how many people i see go bust. maybe try something like take half of one of your paychecks no more and go for it and if your not working get a job then try this. sorry man that was a cruel statement but a good one for life experience. but hey i wish you all the good luck in the world hopefully you will work this out in a positive way. remember one thing every poker player has gone broke at the game one time or the other. gl gl gl

josipjosip

josipjosip

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup very true Dakota variance is a bitch and the bad run thingy is a bust. agramenon i feel if you cant wade through the small stake degens and or make a profit in the small stakes how will you ever be able make in the higher stakes. experience and schooling in the game will be the main factor. after saying this i dont know your game or anything about ya i just reflect on how many people i see go bust. maybe try something like take half of one of your paychecks no more and go for it and if your not working get a job then try this. sorry man that was a cruel statement but a good one for life experience. but hey i wish you all the good luck in the world hopefully you will work this out in a positive way. remember one thing every poker player has gone broke at the game one time or the other. gl gl gl

I agree on this one for sure best way to learn and earn is with your own stake

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As mentioned what lead me to these folks were me searching for BRM guidance and they assign a mentor to each player they approve (yes dakota-xx they want play history 400+ MTT or 1000+ sng see the extensive application .... for BRM coaching specifically.

Good advice from both parties, I would never have considered sponsorship myself and was hoping to gun it out on my own. Without boring you with the sordid details I don't have the luxury of a paycheck or I would commit it in full. The main attraction I have to bankroll supply is the schooling factor with the added bonus of sustaining a living in the process. I won't mind earning 50% considering I have the privilege to be there in the first place and able to play my A game without worrying about depleting bankroll.

To conclude and in response to arizoey's comment:
I have earned from mingling with the degens but you simply can't survive when you loose to rags time and time again. Calling a shove with AK suited for example, busting out against K5 off which turns a flush with the 5, really!?!?!, you know where I am going with this. It's frustrating! I would much rather prefer to lose to a better hand or you outplayed me instead of dodging hero callers.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What troubles me with Bankroll Supply is putting my trust in them and it turns out to be a scam.

Both the domain and SSL certificates are not properly designated to the owners which doesn't immediately cause alarm but it's not a good start.

Paul Jackson is a poker celebrity who comes from a chartered accountant occupation which creates some warm and fuzzies at least. He certainly has the earnings and the background to start something on these lines. His son Ben is also an active player with circa $250K in recorded winnings and also listed as one of the mentors.

I was hoping to hear from someone being sponsored by bankrollsupply or any other public information that will give credibility.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like they are a staking/coaching stable of sorts but haven't heard anything about them either but as dekota had mentioned its a situation that sometimes can get you hooked into having to grind your way out of a hole if things go bad and your in for a bunch of makeup.

Have you considered making a small deposit somewhere and trying to grind it up, it's most likely the only way you're going to manage gaining the experience and history they seem to be looking for anyhow or anyone willing to provide stakes would be looking for in most cases being some history and results to have an idea of how well you play etc.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it is an interesting idea, I espicaly like the fact that they coach, mentor players to make them better, but I dont they will take people who are not already winners as it would be a horrible profit margin... I think any player that they would sign would be able to grind their own bankroll out without having to share the cut.. I understand your position though and it seems like you need to play in higher stakes to earn a living quickly the risk is that if you cant manage your own bankroll to keep profiting you are missing a large part of being a proffesionall, although some of the best players in the world lack BRM they tended to get in very bad positions or get in bad with the mob hah not a good position to get in.. but it dose look like a cool idea even have got me looking into it. although I can bankroll my daily grind games no problem I would like a sponsor for something like the wsop (dream) and it looks like they do more limited sponsorship with daily limit every day.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They dont exept players from usa, spain, france, italy or denmark.