ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
smoking can hinder performance or not.
I want to know your opinion on the matter.

I smoke tabacco and I believe it gets in the way a little.
some claim that they increase concentration, and it is an excellent anxiolytic

:sheep:

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find my smoking had increase by double or triple.. Tho it sucks waiting for the 55 minute mark in a tourney so sometimes i sit out a few hands after 30ish minutes or so .. I think smoking for me is needed for poker.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All individually, smoking interferes with some, and on the contrary benefits others! A smoked cigarette helps me to relieve nervous stress! And in general, I have a life principle - who does not smoke or drink, he will die healthy anyway)))))

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
You just shouldn't. It has nothing to do with poker but your health. Cancer sucks people. It really effing does.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it hinders performance, over the long term. In the very short term, since nicotine is a stimulant, it will obviously stimulate you. But long term, since it will likely become an addiction, not only will your body be more used to it so you'll likely need to smoke more often just to feel stimulated, the addiction will likely begin to interfere with you just being content, and your overall concentration. You'll often be thinking that you want a cigarette, or with the addiction aspect, actually need a cigarette. So it will likely begin to interrupt your thoughts. "I need a smoke". "When is the next break so I can get a smoke". "Can I make it until the next break, or should I just miss some hands, and go smoke a quick cigarette now". "I'll be right back, gotta go take a smoke break". "I can't believe I just lost that hand. I need a cigarette". And of course, the majority of people will begin to suffer negative physical effects from smoking. Which manifest is so many ways, that are likely to negatively affect your performance. And your life. And literally maybe cause you to prematurely lose your life. So, yeah, I think it will hinder your performance. :)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Many people are simply looking for an excuse for their weaknesses. Don't look for a reason to smoke, just quit smoking.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to have a smoke in the breaks. Very rarely during the game.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoking is a bad habit, regardless of whether it happens at the poker table or in everyday life. I think bad habits are unlikely to contribute to concentration and making the right decisions. Draw your own conclusions: to smoke or not to smoke.:bandit:

C

catcher22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
smoking can hinder performance or not.
I want to know your opinion on the matter.

I smoke tabacco and I believe it gets in the way a little.
some claim that they increase concentration, and it is an excellent anxiolytic

:sheep:
I smoke far more when i play poker than i normally would i have played poker for 30 years.I do not think it has a negative effect on my play, quite the contrary i would not sit down at a table without plenty of smokes

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I honestly can't believe this is a discussion anyone is having in 2020. I cannot believe anyone is still smoking at this point or justifying it. Where I reside, there is barely any smoking on the street anymore and it is totally banned in and around any public building.

I am an ex-smoker but once those restrictions were put into place you could see how society changed before your eyes. When I now travel to a city or country with less restrictions it feels absurd to see more people smoking and doing so publicly.

It is a silly and self destructive habit and once it is placed in that context it is amazing how people can break the habit.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I haven't smoked in a year but I can say that when I smoked during the game it made me more relaxed, it relaxed me a bit from the atmosphere of the game, it gave me a feeling of well-being but I don't know for sure if it helps me to take the better decisions.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smokers thing that this behavior makes you calm and it helps. I am fine with this if you thing that it helps.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am regular smoker and smoking has nothing with poker

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke a lot while playing, I think it helps me to relax a little and enjoy poker

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not smoke. I have a negative attitude to this habit. I believe that habits that are harmful to your health only have a negative impact on your game and your results.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I have been smoking for more than 30 years and have never thought whether a cigarette helps or interferes in the game, rather it helps to relieve gaming excitement and tension at certain moments, but I sometimes get very worried and for this feeling I love poker, when excitement gives way to joy of victory. Regards Sergey.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke, and it's true that a stress reliever who smokes knows. But I don't think smoking affects the game.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I played live only once (in a tournament). Smoking was prohibited there. I hope most poker clubs do the same. I would really not like it if somebody smoked close to me...

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to smoke during the 5 minute break. Very rare during the game. Especially when I'm very nervous. It helps a lot

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think smoking has any effect on the game, just personal preference. In my case I quit smoking over 10 years ago.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking is just a habit. I don't think she can influence your game.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate smoking

I smoke at the tables if I can. It does help with relaxing. Good luck on the tables. And as always have fun

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke a lot, but I know a very bad habit, I have been smoking for a long time. I tried to quit, it doesn't work. When playing poker, smoking helps me focus.:(