The Poker Resolution Thread
New Year's is a while away still, but some things are better changed right away. Here's my list of things I promise I'll change!
5. I'll cut down on overplaying pocket pairs. They're purty, but expensive (and just as I'm writing this, I called with 22 in the hole. *sigh*).
4. If I have a read on someone, I'll actually start to trust it. If he hasn't raised preflop without a top hand in the past 500 hands, I shouldn't hope that my A-high is good.
3. If I get check-raised on the turn, my top pair, weak kicker is probably no good. I'll try to fold a lot more often.
2. I'll be more aggressive. More on this in another thread.
... and the final promise:
1. I'll stop thinking it's a good idea to log on and play poker when I get home late from the pub.
Anyone care to join me in making some poker-improving resolutions?