Poker questions

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok guys so I have two questions for you which I would like you to answer honestly :)

1. How many times have you had a royal flush in your career? If you have had two or more, what is the shortest time between the flushes? 1 hand 1 week 1 year etc. ( And what suit was it)

2. What is the most times that you have had Pocket Aces in a row?

My answers
1. I have only ever had one royal flush and that was on the poker stars play money table in my first week of playing. It was made up of hearts

2. The most number of times I have had Aces in a row is 2 and it was yesterday. I got one on the BB and then another on the SB. Both times the entire table folded round to me.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok well I have had a royal flush 2 times in 2 years, one was all in spades while the other was all in hearts 1 came in a PSO game over on stars Yesterday and it was the spades, while the other also came in a free roll over on Absolute poker..

as for the 2nd question I've had AA 4 times in a row before and actually was sitting out for 3 of the 4 (Even though I would've lost all 3 of them), and on the 4 one in a row I actually caught it and ended up busting with them also, and it actually happened over on stars also

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3. Quite far apart and aa twice in a row. But I've had jj qq kk or aa 5 hands in a row before. it went aa kk aa qq jj.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have had two royal's in just over 2 years (diamonds/spades. the spades one was on the flop, called with 10 Js flop AQKs)
AA twice in a row twice ,won both twice.
i have had st8 flushes about 6 times
all on full tilt

Last edited:
N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only ever had one royal flush, and it was clubs. I can't remember which site.

I've never had AA twice in a row. I did, however, have KK two hands in a row, both in middle position, just two days ago. One hand everyone folded around and in the next hand somebody called a preflop 3bet and then folded when I made a set and bet the pot.

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a royal just once in my online career (2.3 years). It was hearts, and it was sweeeet :)

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had a royal, but only twice i had straight flushes and never had AA twice in a row....wow my hands suck ,lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just started keeping track of monsters since last July(2010) & have had two royals, both in diamonds. One was with AdQs, flopped broadway KdJdTd, Trn Qd for the royal.. bot was on the small side). The other was sweet, got paid in full.. Tournament on Stars, raised with JTs on BTN, SB flats w AQ. Flop AdKd8s, SB bets.. I call. Trn 'Ac'.. SB checks.. I check behind. River (worst card possible for SB).. Qd giving villain the boat & me the Royal.. SB bets.. I raise.. SB shoves... ty 'gg'.

I don't know if I've ever had AA twice in-a-row? (I've had Quads 39x though, lol)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No idea is my answer for both questions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but random chance things like this lose pretty much all their significance if you've been playing long enough.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the responses guys. Interesting stuff.

Meh tbh Oz this isn't related to significance it's just interesting to find out. I've been playing for years on and off and I've only ever had 1 royal. People usually don't get more than a few in their lifetime so they are easy to remember regardless of the 124521542151k hands most of us have played :)

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) I've been VERY close to hitting the royal but I never actually landed it.
2) I've never had aces twice in a row yet, but I've gotten them twice in matter of three hands. It's odd though, because I've gotten a lot of hands multiple times in a row (even the same suits), but they always seem to be junk cards haha.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL ironic i made this topic because I was just about to go out before the bubble in a MTT and I got dealt ACES twice in a row to get a huge stack of 60k lol.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don't take this the wrong way, but random chance things like this lose pretty much all their significance if you've been playing long enough.

^^^^ I agree. (And I have <100K hands - but almost there)

It is fun to keep track of these things, and fun to get great hands. But it means nothing unless you are keeping statistics over 100s of 1000s of hands, and then its just that: Statistics. You can get AA 5 times in a row and the chance of you getting it on your next hand remain the same as if you have never had AA.

Your question is also not real pertinent to any statistics anyway. You want to know how many royals, quads etc in how many hands, not days, weeks, months etc. If you play 50 9-man turbo SnGs a day, that will be roughly +-60 hands a game for an average player (OK, some donks will average <30 and some good players >80, but thats not the point here) Now if you play 4 a day, a month of "how many" of any type of hand is going to be drastically different in both cases.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only 1 royal for me, lost to one live too

AA twice in a row a few times, 3out of 4 hands once

saw aa almost 10 times in 10min when i was multi tabling many tbls from a few different sites

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

^^^^ I agree. (And I have <100K hands - but almost there)

It is fun to keep track of these things, and fun to get great hands. But it means nothing unless you are keeping statistics over 100s of 1000s of hands, and then its just that: Statistics. You can get AA 5 times in a row and the chance of you getting it on your next hand remain the same as if you have never had AA.

Your question is also not real pertinent to any statistics anyway. You want to know how many royals, quads etc in how many hands, not days, weeks, months etc. If you play 50 9-man turbo SnGs a day, that will be roughly +-60 hands a game for an average player (OK, some donks will average <30 and some good players >80, but thats not the point here) Now if you play 4 a day, a month of "how many" of any type of hand is going to be drastically different in both cases.

Now, that said, to answer your question, I have no idea.

BUT I did get quad aces yesterday, and it sure was fun.

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 103
pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had a royal flush once in 18 months of playing. It was in a small buy in tourney, I was holding A 10 of spades, flop came K Q rag and then the J came on the turn. The reason i remember it is so clearly is because I didn't get paid off as I deserved to!

I was dealt pocket aces 3 out of 4 hands in a tourney. Managed to double up on all 3 occasions and finished pretty deep as a result!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh tbh Oz this isn't related to significance it's just interesting to find out. :)
I think more of what OZ is saying is, because of the insignificance, alot of people don't pay attention to that stuff.
I know that I have no idea if I have ever had a royal flush or not, and have no idea if I ever had aces back to back, I do know that I have them close a few times.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow that is all very interesting but I have just got dealt King rag 14 consecutive hands at the same table. I got King 10 four times King 5 four times and the rest I dont remember but King rag 14 times in a row !!!! :S

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had 9 royals (yes i'ma luckbox, 4 live, 4 on stars(NL) and 1 on stars (PLO). Over 20 straight flushes, including 2 simultaneously when i used to 16 table 2NL, was sick.
HAd AA 2x in a row but KK 4x in a row

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW 9 royals :S :/ I guess that is what happens when you play a lot of tables. Straight flushes are not as spectacular but it is a GREAT money maker. People are very aware when a potential royal is on the board but if some one has the nuts flush with an ace it is awesome to take down the pot.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had a royal flush twice in my entire poker career. Both times they were at the beginning of a tournament and I doubled up, but they did not propel me into a great lead or anything of the sort. With both of them, I flopped them, which is pretty amazing, because I don't know the odds, but they have to be in the millions to say the least.

Now that I think about it, I have never had pocket aces more than once in a row, but I think it would be pretty rare to have it twice in a row. I have had pocket pairs back to back, but never aces. Interesting questions, keep em' coming!

TheDevilsLuck

TheDevilsLuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember 4 tabling and having pocket A's at all four at the same time.

I think I remember having 6 royal flushes. 2 of them on the same day.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread must be good luck because I hit a royal flush just an hour (spades) or so ago haha.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded a royal flush last week in a cash game. I was out of position with a QT suited and the board hit xxAJK in my suit. It was unfortunate, but it would have been a mistake to play the hand without knowledge of the postflop. Just one of those things. The flop didn't really help anyone and the pot was small. That is the problem with a super hand, you rarely win a big pot with them. They do look impressive though.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow that is horrible. What I have noticed rather a lot is that a flop of 2-7-7 or 2-2-7 comes or some variation of that. First time it happened I took a screen shot and labelled it, you wish you played your 27o now.

youwishyouplayedyour27o.png