Poker positives...

MARCANE

MARCANE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, the other day Erik Seidel tweeted a question asking about what we've learned from poker. How has poker impacted your life in positive ways? I decided to share my response here and see what you all think.

My response was this, "A rocky life from youth, depression and anxiety, then a decade of serious poker study." "Learned about self, decision making from intellect and not emotion, BR management." "Honestly poker has been a healing journey." "Honestly I have become a stronger, more secure, and better person from poker."

What have you learned? Has poker had a positive impact on your life? :five:

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no better poker player, there is a better strategy, even the best poker player has been defeated by luck and by a better strategy than his. In life as in poker we must know how to choose our battles well because that depends on our victory. Patience in the game as in life are fundamental keys to our success, it is better to bet on high cards than to hope that luck can go in your favor.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not say that I have become richer..There were more sleepless nights.And at the same time, a lot of emotions.And memory.I don't lose my memory.And a developed sense of logic.Ability to think.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better bankroll management (hence finance management in real life), better emotions control, faster and more accurate analyze of complex situations, better reading of other people emotions. Definitely useful skills. :)

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker taught me endurance and is easier on not luck.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t feel any changes in me after the start of poker. Maybe the logic got better. But the same action can be obtained from logic games.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, poker has had a positive effect on my life. Poker has made me more disciplined and patient.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, yes, positive impact in a sense that I made some money :) But otherwise there are lots of ways to spend time better.