Poker players what is your opinion about disproportionate bets?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, today I would like to know what you think about the disproportionate bets.
When I say disproportionate I mean they are very very big. For example, when a player bets for a value higher than the well, let's say 3 times the value of the well.
Do extremely large bets really protect our hand?

Greetings and good luck at the tables.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They are polarizing bets which will either convince your opponent that you have a strong hand or convince them that you are bluffing. Do they protect your hand? It depends when they are made and who you play against. For example, if your villain is convinced they have the best hand, then your bets will mean nothing. This kind of bet is more effective for protection when closer to the bubble and where the ratio of effective stack to the big blind is smaller.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unusual bets.

This happens a lot with recreational players, and I understand there are lots of players playing just for fun, there's that guy who's just there to play, and when you play in more expensive tournaments, that does not happen or little happens.
I do not call donk players, I respect, the guy who plays jokingly, goes into a $ 0.50 tournament, or $ 1, and he plays the way he wants, does not bother me.

Last edited:
GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
sometimes it serves such bets !!! It is also to make the opponent think are commonly !!! to catch !!!