Poker players from Russia

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of poker players from Russia?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What do you think of poker players from Russia?

Players like you are only good if they teach everyone in their table certain russian phrases-words you cant find from dictionary :bebored:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main difference between Russia and a rich country like for instance canada is, that the average salary in Russia is lower. This mean, that less people in Russia have money for recreational gambling. And it also mean, that trying to make money from online poker and specifically online microstakes poker is more attractive to people in Russia than to people in Canada.

For this reason a country like Russia tend to supply many regulars to online microstakes games, while a country like Canada mainly supply recreational players. I would also say, that players from Russia tend to be fairly aggressive on average. But to be honest most regulars are aggressive these days, so its more an indication of skill level than some particular national character.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it doesn’t depend on which country the player is, but it depends on the person:)

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are many players from Russia in principle, but also many very good players such as Troyanovsky, Pateychuk and many others, I treat players from Russia well, without prejudice

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from Russia. I hope to become a good poker player. There is no difference in players. As noted above, there are obtuse heads. Everyone plays as well as they can. There are many successful players from Russia.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There are a lot of very strong players among Russian players, and this is especially noticeable lately. But of course, there are also many donkeys.
Good luck.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I’m from Russia myself. In my opinion, poker in Russia could develop more rapidly if there were no restrictions on gambling, and as regards the aggressiveness of Russian players, I met more aggression among Brazilian players

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not separate players based on the country from which they are. In fact poker is one of the most protected games against any segregation or prejudices or so on. After all you only need a chip and a chair to play and there is absolutely no matter if you are man or woman or what is your race, religion, country of origin or whatever else. You are either good player or bad player. Simple as that.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strongest players have nothing to do with their country of origin. I think here we need to raise the question of how much Russia stands out from other countries in terms of poker and if we take the global indicator of how many titles are taken by players from Russia in international competitions, such as wsop, WPT, EPT and others.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I don´t understand why this kind of threads appears every now and then..Russian players tend to have an aggressive style and that´s it.I find it difficult to play against them.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really hate classifying poker players by anything but their play. You observe the table and make an observation based on facts. Person location for me isn't a deciding factor to judge. If it is, it has be the least important factor to include into a choice on how to play a hand.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nation doesn't matter.Everyone has both good and bad players.And if you take the whole Russian players can compete.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I’m from Russia myself. In my opinion, poker in Russia could develop more rapidly if there were no restrictions on gambling, and as regards the aggressiveness of Russian players, I met more aggression among Brazilian players

As a generalisation there are probably more crazy LAGs from South America than any part of Europe :)

umyt

umyt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for this site it doesn't matter where you are from
the main thing is to be human the rest is not important

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played with Russians alot in the last year or so, mainly live and I can say alot of things about how they play for instance, the older players are generaly tighter but not tighter than the average tight player, they're solid. Younger ones however, tend to bluff alot and be more loose and aggressive and they normaly bet 40 percent of the pot when bluffing usually late to middle position, and when they go all in you can always be sure that they have a massive hand. I like and respect Russian players and I feel most confortable playing against them.

S

scofield1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont understand your question, what do you mean? i mean wich side of russian players you talking about?

umyt

umyt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know all professional poker players but I don 't know a Russian professional player

I am a passive player and all Russians are passive players too