t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone out there run linux OS?
Wondering how poker clients run under a Windows emulator, e.g. Wine ...
Has anybody tried it?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been running Linux for 12+ years. :)

pokerstars client is reported to run well with Wine, although personally I've not tried it yet. My gaming desktop runs Vista, my laptop dual-boots Vista & Ubuntu, so I just run it under Vista. I have several other Linux workstations around me but I've not had the urge to play poker on them yet.

Linux.com :: Linux poker online

Looking to improve my game but frustrated by some sites' lack of support for Linux clients, I sent an email to the support for PokerStars, one of the first online gaming sites I tried. The site's support team indicated that their client software would run on Linux under Wine, and they even offered some help if I had any difficulty getting it to work. I tried it, and it worked perfectly for me under Wine.
I have since mailed a similar support request to many other poker rooms. None of the responses has been as informative, or encouraging, as the one from PokerStars, but given how successful the experiment was with the PokerStars software, I tried other sites as well. I was surprised how many sites worked well under Wine. In addition to PokerStars, the clients for UltimateBet, Fair Poker, Party Poker, ParadisePoker, and Titan Poker ran well under Wine.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars works fine for me under Wine using the latest version of Ubuntu. Some font issues, but htat is all.