Poker & Infantil Education

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is one of mathmatic card games.
Therefore, I feel that it´s very good item to study mathmatics to use it for infantil education.
It means to use it that is any time their parents ask their kids to calculate the outs & the odds.
It improves the mathmatic brain.

Furthermore, Poker is a psychologic game. Everyone has tells. This game increases to read / scan their mind or their thinkings.

Moreover, it´ll be a (casual) job to get money.

Many people starts to play after 15 yo. But, the kids have advantages to understand the game 10 years more if they start from 5 yo.

These skills are useful to live or work.
How does that grab you?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On another similar thread a while ago, I noted the same thing, that poker would be a great game for children to learn (as well as a game that should be encouraged for the elderly to stay mentally active).

Of course the inherent problem is you need to divorce the game from gambling. It would be easy for kids to accept the game in such a manner and for those so inclined (as in chess) to play competitively, without any gambling aspect- just an indication of skill.

That said it would be hard to convince many parents that teaching kids poker was anything but a downward slope into a depraved lifestyle. Then additionally you'd have the poker stiffs informing one and all 'poker can only be played properly with real money'.

So whilst I think it a good idea in theory, in practice it would be highly unlikely to happen

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that if it should be used to teach children mathematics, in fact at Johns Hopkins University they created a course to teach interested students.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you.

It has a bit denger to be gambleholic. However, it´s a very good to learn the mathmatics.
I think that Black Jack is better than Poker. Because, it needs the memory to play more than poker.