Poker in times of Covid

A

aztecalex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen that with the pandemic many of us have to live locked up in our homes, and many of us have been left without a job, my question is.
Do you see poker as an alternative to generate profits in times of the pandemic?

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Covid

Since all the stay at home restrictions began I find online poker being a way to occupy more of my time at home as one can only watch so much TV. Don't play high enough stake games to generate income.

Cheers all and may this soon be under control so we all can resume some sort og what we once considered "normal life" :D

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It certainly can be, but not for most people. Especially if someone is new to poker. Very unlikely they're gonna just start generating profits right away.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for some players who did play in past there should be a change to they to come back to poker tables

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would have to be a very good player or else you will be digging an even deeper hole for yourself. And the first thing you should probably do if you do find yourself in a hole is stop digging.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Agree
Along with many hours of TV on line poker is the best thing to do
The only problem in to calm down your wife
lololol
Rgds

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. It IS alternative, but only if you are skilled enough to make money at poker. Otherwise you are just one of those poor players who gambles with the last money he has left during covid, and loses. I'm sorry for them.

M

mkdjdfb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is more for entertainment than profit. Of course it is nice to make money, but I play it mainly for fun.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am playing more, but not looking at it for income - strictly entertainment.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that, if you already have an good result on the poker, one positive ROI, so irs okay to play more poker and get better things from it.
But if you dont have yet, dont waste your time and money in poker, or take your time to learn how to get profit on poker if you reallh like it.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

You ahve to be carefull. One thing is playing freerolls and low stakes tourneys to pass the time and trying to make a living at poker, especially online, is a whole different matter.
Unless you are a good player , instead of earning a living you may end up loosing any nest eggs you have left. I know a fairly good live tournament player who has lost over 20k online over the last month or so. Not even in high stakes. The main problem is staying glued to the screen regardless of your results.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can make profit out of it, perfect, but it depends on each person individually. The main thing in any game is to have fun in process.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider poker as a hobit in which I spend time and enjoy playing. but I do not consider it as an alternative to generate profits.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a doubt, poker can be profitable. But for this you must have at least 5-10 years of experience. For me, poker is just a hobby that I enjoy.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker didn't exist in times of covid, I believe it would be a lot of depression.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice dor me , because during my work I can play , as I have a home office.

J

junior86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a important tools for this moment. I'm playing a lot of tournament to avoid go out.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question has been repeatedly answered. In poker, only a well-playing person makes a profit, at least in average limits. This player has traveled a long distance, knows the theory well, understands hands well, finds errors in his own and someone else's game and uses everything correctly.
A pandemic has nothing to do with all of this. But this can affect the profit of a good player, due to the increase in inexperienced players.
But by no means do I underestimate the factor of luck in individual raffles and tournaments.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m definitely playing more poker in this quarentine time, but I see as one more alternative of entertainment rather than a way to make money.

xFlyVOx

xFlyVOx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people like myself started playing poker during he pandemic. I think it could be a good way to make money for people who already are veterans at the game. I doubt newcomers will be making good profit.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During lockdown i used poker mainly as fun and entertainment but i have the luck to be able to do my job from home remotely when needed.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To become a pro poker you have to spend a lot of time studying and practice. And just a few percent of players can make good profit with poker for living life so if you just begin to play, poker is surely not an alternative to make a profit in times of the pandemic.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For myself, I do not consider poker an alternative for making a profit, since I usually lose money. For me, poker is a hobby and not a means of getting money.