Poker helped me to improve some aspects of my life

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey poker pals!
I would like to start saying that poker helped me a lot to improve my life.
Thanks to poker I started reading , actually I did not like to read since I was a child . I used to read because I had to.
I started doing meditation.
I started to control my emotions, specially my tilt.
My health has improved considerably.
I am not considering a poker player winner yet but since I have realised that my life is improving day after day I know that I am a winner.
Now tell me how poker helped you .:cool:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Helped me with patience. It's like fishing, you can't force the fish to bite the hook. Just sit back and take advantage when you get a bite.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think, but it depends on the point of view of each person, it may be in the patience of waiting to have a winning hand, but at the same time it can also take away a lot of time in a tournament by postponing other things

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helped me to realize that patience is the key to success.
With persistence and focus we can achieve anything.
I want, I can, I can.

I walk a little without patience.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helped me to try to see things from someone else's point of view. From analyzing hands and figure out why someone may have played the way they did. Then I started applying that mindset to other parts of my life.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey poker pals!
I would like to start saying that poker helped me a lot to improve my life.
Thanks to poker I started reading , actually I did not like to read since I was a child . I used to read because I had to.
I started doing meditation.
I started to control my emotions, specially my tilt.
My health has improved considerably.
I am not considering a poker player winner yet but since I have realised that my life is improving day after day I know that I am a winner.
Now tell me how poker helped you .:cool:

excellent, another proof that everything depends on the person himself, on his efforts and no failure here will break you if you do everything right and you like it

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker gave me a little bit of patience, that, probably, is the key to success.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad your life has improved friend. Personally, it has also helped me in many aspects of my life. Ami has helped me to find a reason for things, that is, to find information about why things happen. By this I mean that I have had to read, watch videos, find information to improve my game and this I am also applying to my daily life. It also helped me a lot to control my emotions, to be calm and that patience is an important factor in every aspect of life and poker itself.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker helps me learn to contain emotions, which is very important in life:)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm poker helped me to control my emotions. before I was always angry and I had trouble keeping control. now even when I'm in a bad mood. I don't let anything show through and I manage to keep good relationships with my entourage. even better even when someone is looking for me and trying to upset me. I stay of marble and avoid creating conflicts.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker helped me to better control my emotions and analyze complex situations. It also helps me to react quicker and better to unexpected events. It is good mind game.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to hear that to be honest, personally I couldn't get benefit like you did, I'm still not controlling my emotions and tilt which makes me lose a lot, I hope you give me some advices about that, and how you're capable of controlling it.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has really helped me learn to focus. I had trouble with that before. It's also really helped with level of confidence. To sit at a table for hours and hours and get up a winner makes you feel like there is something you excell at and that's a great feeling.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear that to be honest, personally I couldn't get benefit like you did, I'm still not controlling my emotions and tilt which makes me lose a lot, I hope you give me some advices about that, and how you're capable of controlling it.
Sure bro! It will be a pleasure can share some tips with you . The true this change took me about 3 years but if you are disciplined enough you will get them in a shorter time.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Undoubtedly, poker has brought a lot of positive things into my life. Through this game, I have become more patient, consistent and disciplined.