Poker game to win or for hobby, what do you think?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always want to play to win, but there are times when just participating I am already satisfied.​

Last edited by a moderator:
rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it can be both a job and a hobby, you need to use the brain, then you can call it mental work.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I completely agree.

Anyone who plays poker is by nature competitive and likely wants to improve their game - that's why we all have arrived on this forums. So, in one sense we all aim for the win.

That said, I am happy to make it past the bubble, to reach a final table let alone win a tourney. I can take great delight in playing one hand really well and I think this shows (hopefully) I have a healthy attitude to the game.

What attracted me to poker (a game which came at me in a circuitous manner) was the mental aspect of the game - how people weathered the inevitable ups and downs, the bad beats whilst playing correctly. That fascinated me above all else and I thought was by definition a 'life lesson'.

Even though many times people have not believed me on this, money or any financial gain was a secondary issue to me when I first became hooked on poker. Yes, my thinking has developed and evolved but at core, it's still 'the love of the game'.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ea a hobby for me, but if I can earn some money, is double reward, because I enjoy playing and earn some money at the same time.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I first started playing poker it was the win in this game. It was very important to me that I really liked poker and during the course I was not so worried about winning but why poker offers me, the feeling of good, of pleasure, I can say that it is like a hobby. As for the money right now after a few years of playing poker I can say that they are not winning but not losing. I learned to enjoy when I win and to accept when I lose. If I didn't see things like that maybe it would become a monotony ...

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, the most important thing in this game is a victory, but I get pleasure from when I play properly and follow my own strategy.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a hobby. But I hope that in the future, thanks to poker, I will be able to make regular profits. Right now I am trying to build a bankroll, gain experience, refine my skills and just enjoy the game.
Good luck.

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
enjoyable

my main goal is always to have fun, i play much better and less stressed, of course, my target as everybody else is getting deep in any tournament. but i notice when i get obsessive with only get the money does not work well

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
First of all, I play for my own pleasure. Of course, sometimes the game can generate significant profits, but for me it is a hobby.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a hobby for me... winning is just a bonus.:cool:

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of us would make more money collecting trash cans XD. It has to be a hobby.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it is something that I am passionate about, besides being able to add dollars and have an extra cash inflow.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, this is a game and one more plus here you can earn.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's both. it's a hobby because i make money and i like to win. i'm literally always multi tasking while playing a couple tables. i can't just solely focus on poker unless it's a live game. i think if i shifted my focus to poker, i can do well at the higher non micro levels, but right now i'm completely happy with my success

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, playing poker is an opportunity to have fun. Sometimes I manage to win some money, but it is more like an exception than the rule.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play poker to win but I always enjoy play poker so its my hobby too..

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is my hobby and money is a bonus

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, poker is a favorite hobby. Poker is not profitable for me at the moment, but I hope that in the future it will change and poker can make a profit for me.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play hobby but of course making money is great, but I don't have a study discipline that makes me make a lot of money.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for fun. I'm having a great time. It's exciting and interesting. Dilute life a little excitement. It becomes a little more fun to live.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some, this game is a hobby, and someone would like to earn money on it, if his health allows. I'm glad that there are a lot of players with different interests in poker, and let all this remain for fun. I love fun players.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that very few are able to make money with this game. For me, this game is a hobby.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like the game itself, but having fun and getting some money is doubly nice.

Top 10 Games