smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is kinda like this guy on the wall. You have to be crazy to play, you have to have skill to survive, but luck can end your game at ant time. The guy on the wall is of course playing for stakes that are higher than any stakes I am willing to play.

B

bebotimy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its 80% skill and 20% luck cause in the river or turn you can lose against a bad call...

I quite agree with you. Although I think it's a little less than the percentage of luck. Those who bet on many projects believe more on luck than skill

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it has been always a game of chance. However as the knowledge of poker expands, the proportion of the results that we leave to randomness decreases, but still it's present.
Regarding to>><< play with other persons i totally disagree with your opinnion. I think it's a matter of discovering the psichological aspects of the game, and of course not everyone is aware of it or who is aware have few knowledge.>>>>>>>> I believe that a good psichologist that would learn how to play poker could control his winnings with no ..... efforts, but that's just my opinion of course.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion yes Poker and skill game, but in the end all the variance of the deck and Field factor makes the poker game also has a lucky factor

B

bebotimy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion yes Poker and skill game, but in the end all the variance of the deck and Field factor makes the Poker game also has a lucky factor
of course you are having a portion of luck , but not so great

duPochreit

duPochreit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a game of skill where luck exists, but is not predominant.

A

aleksohr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its 60-40 according to me .. 60 skill and 40 luck .. for online its 30-70 for luck because you cant feel bluffing like live poker .

Jhonnathan Willians

Jhonnathan Willians

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
skills, I come to compare it to with chess , not enough to luck

B

bebotimy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is the better strategy , the lower the percentage of luck. Those who bet on hands ridiculous are those who depend on luck

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as success in poker depends on luck?

I think everyone will agree with me that to beat a strong chess player or a professional billiards almost impossible. But it is much more difficult in poker. Probably you happen to lose the fish, which is not even reach the average level. And on the other hand many people can boast of their success playing against stronger players. Even at the EPT tournaments sometimes get to the final table players, which can hardly be called professionals.
***** How do you rate your success dependent on luck? Or all depends on the skills of the game?

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a combination, I think. Sometimes u just get on a roll and cards fall for u. Then, again u can focus and concentrate and make good skilled plays.

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From all together it depends. Skill, luck, intuition

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should depend on skills for the long run ofc,and we cannot denies the factor of lucks on the short term.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Of course it depends on the skill of the player, but without luck would have nothing to gain

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker does need skill on the long term.
How longer you play poker, how less the luck-factor.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How much higher is the level of the blinds, lower is the chances of luck, because obviously involves more skill.

F

FlyingFitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no luck - no advance

Even chess and billiards have elements of luck in them - however poker has a lot more luck than those games. If you don't get lucky in poker no matter how good you are or how long you have been playing - you will not get very far with it. You don't know what card is going to be shown next - or what hand you will be dealt - if you kept getting pocket aces, kings and queens dealt to you - that is luck - how you play them is skill. So I feel you need a combination of luck and skill to become a great poker player.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depending from both: skill and luck. Maybe even motivation to win something can help you:). It also depending, that you play poker, when you are relaxed.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of both skill as luck.

A popular debate within the poker community is the Poker is a skill or game of chance. Each hand is effectively given a new start, so can logically seem that way to win is to try to win every hand. But the hand winner is effectively determined randomly. In any hand, the cards you get are random, the cards your opponent gets are random, and the community cards are also random. An experienced player can not do anything to increase your chances to win than to make your opponent fold.

However, looking more deeply you will see the hidden skill element. Poker is not about winning the most hands; it comes to making more money. In fact, the way the game is structured makes winning every hand is a bad idea. Each hand has only one winner, then it will be better to choose the best spots and play hands that you think give you an advantage. A player trying to win every hand end losing a lot of money in the process.

The result is that the best players tend to win fewer hands and more money. It is hard to think of another game that the players win the minority of games; this is one aspect in poker and often makes it look like a game of luck.

But there is also a considerable element of skill. At various times of a hand, players are placed on betting decisions. They should analyze the available information (such as your own hand, the community cards, and the bet of your opponent), and then use their judgment to make decisions. From the moment that there is room for judgment, there is room for error, and where there is room for error, there is of course, an element of skill involved. : Jd4: : Jd4: :) :)

R

Rumme1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck in poker is on so many different levels and most people are ignorant about it.

For example :

You get dealt pocket aces in hold em. That wasnt skill, it was good luck . You raise pre 3x big blind , no other player has a playable hand so all you win are the small antes...thats BAD LUCK .

You get dealt pocket aces again...thats good luck...someone else gets pocket kings and goes all in...thats good luck for you...aces hold up and you win a huge pot...thats good luck for you.

Same scenario above, but instead the pocket kings beat your aces..thats bad luck .

etc.....If I could chose between the following choices :

1. be a average player with above average good luck on a regular basis

or

2. be a above average player with below average good luck on a regular basis.

I would chose choice 1 all the time.

Of course the best possible scenario is to be a above average player with above average good luck in every poker session you play...but none of us have the ability to force good luck to be on our side when we want it.

Luck isnt just a neccessary factor in the short term...it is also a neccessary factor in the midterm and LONGTERM. I play with people who are so awful in poker, and make so many mistakes , and yet they have good luck on their side and are able to overcome their bad poker plays. If I played as bad as these players, I would lose 10s of thosuands a year...they have DUMB LUCK while I have to sit and grind it out to try and catch that 1 hand every 2-3 hours that allows me to beat the game. The players I play with, do not know what discipline is.

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KNOWLEDGE OR LUCKY

What proportion of knowledge and how much happiness , I think 75 percent knowledge of the 25 lucky.

R

Rumme1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What proportion of knowledge and how much happiness , I think 75 percent knowledge of the 25 lucky.

at any given time, games like NL hold em, can be 100% luck , and that luck can be the controlling factor for numerous hands/ sessions/ time frames.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the effective completion of all Poker Realities described. Poker is a game of luck and skill, but in the short term, luck runs, so in the short term the results will be extremely distorted. Combine this with the fact that the advantage of good players is very small, and the result is that the winning players will have almost as many losers as winners sessions! In fact, a winning player may have even more losing than winning sessions, if the player is willing to close your session when you lose a certain value.

Imagine players from $ 20- $ 40 limit hold'em described before, making an average of $ 40 per hour. In a 6-hour session, he can expect to about $ 240, which is about the average size of the pot! It is not difficult to see how the result of one or two pots can turn a winning session in a losing session and vice versa. Some losing sessions, and suddenly you find yourself in a downswing while some winning sessions indicate an upswing. Only after you play thousands and thousands of hands you can look at the aggregate result of all these upswings and downswings and analyze the long-term trend.

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different games have different amount of luck and skill. But knowing your odds, pot equity, and how your opposing player plays will help your game. So you can turn your game into a more skillful one. Obviously luck will stay play a part. Good luck.

Top 10 Games