Poker and Gambling Songs

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most fun things I have done at CardsChat was to help compile this page on poker and gambling songs. Tammy and I spent a couple of days trying to find as many as possible.

Ultimate Gambling Song Guide

Take a look at this page and let us know your favorite songs - and see if you can find any we missed!

This is a long song but was one of my favorites when I was young:

Last edited:
N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this is very detailed list. I did not know most of these song. Thank you for your efforts.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bob dylan for me is, and always will be the best of music, I really like the desolation room, I'm going to see this list with a lot of affection, I believe that I will find many that I like too

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a playlist to play and some of the songs I saw in your collection are in it, now I'm going to listen to the others and add it as well. Bob Dylan and one of them. Thanks

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great, I love this thread, are topics for us the old school, thanks for thinking about us, I liked 5 topics

The Dealer - Stevie Nicks
Desperado - The Eagles
The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton
Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley

:bike::bike::bike::bike:

J

Jsmooth41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
know when to holdem

"You gotta know when to holdem, know when to foldem, know when to walk away, know when to run. You better count all your money, when your sitting at the table, you better walk away, you better, you better run..." Its gotta be this one...

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well this is fun!
never had focused on music. Just lett the gods of youtube take me where ever it flows. but I will defenetly check it out . there seems to be a lot of rock/metal aaaand i'm a sucker for that LUL + dylan and waits ... you never go bad with dylan and waits... NEVER!
Thanks for your dedication. Hope you had fun doing this =)

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DYLAN is great , awesome to have a library of songs
Bob Seger - LIKE A ROC
Jackson 5---ABC
Queen,-Another one bites the Dust

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fantastic!
will listen to all of them (some already known)

I notice the URL is on the main page, but is there a link to it, apart from the one given by Debbie.
If not, I can add it to the 'wishlist', it can also be under strategy: ''poker and music'' or ''artist image''

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a few of my favorites from the list: Aces of Spades - Motorhead, Desperado - The Eagles, The Gambler - Kenny Rogers (you really do need to know when to to fold'em..)

But, it's missing one from a great Canadian band, Heart. The song "Straight On" has lots of poker references.

Here's the lyrics:

Quite some time, I've been sittin' it out
Didn't take no chances, I was a prisoner of doubt
I knocked down the wailin' wall, ain't no sin
Got the feel of fortune, deal me in

Comin' straight on for you, you made my mind
Now I'm stronger, now I'm comin' through
Straight on, straight on for you
Straight on for you

Now I know I got to play my hand
What the winner don't know, a gambler understands
My heart keeps playin' it through, with you my friend
I'll take my chances on you, again and again, again

Now I'm stronger, now I'm comin' through
Straight on, straight on for you
Straight on for you, ooh, ooh

Yeah for you
And now…

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perfect song !!!
I did not know that through the forum I could hear songs about gambling
I just recovered an interesting topic and this time it is also my own "music" thank you! :)

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably too young to hear Bob Dylan before.Thank you very much,good music, and I listened with pleasure,though I do not understand the words but the voice and the music itself is good.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GREAT JOB!
As soon as I will be on a regular internet connection again, I will listen to all of them.
As a nice motivator for the sunday million one could add don't blame me (I want to be rich) by UB 40.
My favorite song at the moment to bring me in the mood for important tourneys is WATER from deep dive corporation. Nothing about gambling, but the flow is soooo sharky :stoned:

On THR wade used to play a song like I'ma a chaser, and it was mixed or combined with POKERFACE from Lady GAGA.
Does anybody know the artist? I remember in the lyrics was mentioned a chip n a chair... any ideas? I couldn't find it :(

Last edited:
Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great list. I was going to recommend wagon wheel, my hubby plays it on guitar, but you already have it. Well done!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I can not find suitable songs, about poker, and even in English. And in Russian (or rather, no words at all - only music) will be the most successful this official video clip of the violin trio "Silensium":

https://youtu.be/DIZDslsYNjM

I think that the Russian-speaking forum participants will agree that this is close to the topic of gambling. :D

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realized that playing poker you need to listen to quiet music. No rock :D

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Interesting and funny article.

My favourites:

As a BIG fan of Van "The Man", 'Ragland Road' is at the top of my list. Elvis Presley's legendary 'Viva Las Vegas' comes second. Then I will put 'The Jack" by AC/DC, because we need a badass song in the list. Finally a british note with 'The Card Cheat' by the Clash. A song that can't be missed from the list.

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one of my favorite singers kenny rogers, my favorite song was "Coward of the county" but after i started playing poker "the gambler" took the 1st place, i dont know the other songs, gonna listen to them.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it's my favorite gambling song of
1980. "The Winner Takes It All" by Abba

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice thread and great songs, my favorite are:

-The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

-Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Song is devoted to new owners of pokerstars. https://youtu.be/acYf26rq9PY Called "Between Isai and Amaya"

I'd rephrase verse 2:
Empty tables is nothing
Higher rake is everything
Isai is back is just f**ked up dream

Style: Modern Classic

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was going to say Dueces are wild, Never thought of THE jack as poker though LOL. Wild night of Poker comes to mind. Queen of Hearts Jucie Newton but Im sure that made the list. Stuff like Ragland Road Im going to have to relisten to as I dont recall this song at all. Shape of my heart is kind of pushing the topic. I would of thought Beautfiul Loser by Bob Seger would be more poker than still the same but both are great songs. great list.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the selection! An excellent article! Got a lot of fun. Personally for me, this is probably the best article I've read and listened to in this topic.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old good classic. I even wanted to put on a cowboy hat, pour a glass of brandy and sit at the poker table))

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are many songs about poker or gambling. The list you made is very rich! I will remind you another very familial song of Abba "the winner takes it all"
https://youtu.be/iyIOl-s7JTU
There are also Greek songs about gambling like the classic:

https://youtu.be/b6i3h1m-SwI

which says about a beaitifull girl and a dice game.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling