Poker ex Friendship

msandre1970

msandre1970

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament, if your friend is at the same table, do you remain aggressive or loose your hand?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must play as usual. Any deviation from the normal hand-play due to the fact that you are playing with your friend is a violation of the rules of the poker room.

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the poker tables no friends. There are friends outside of poker.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Andrei. In addition to violations of the rules, there is no interest in the game.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no friendship in the tournament. It's like a business, you have to behave professionally and leave emotions on the side.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you will play final wcoop, will you give you chips to some other player, i think no.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a friend at the table, it will increase my desire to win! Then he had it.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker at the same cash table and even once in a tournament. Both of us knew that we would try our best to win.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no friends on the poker tables. This is the one thing that you need to understand, if you want to win in poker.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in each game, the situation turned different when you're angry when it no differently sometimes everything depends on the mood

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best to play the way you always do

msandre1970

msandre1970

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen this situation in big tournament. There was an investor at the table and his gambler.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha no, its every man or woman for themselves at the poker table [emoji1]

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a friend at the table, they tend to read me better so if I am 1v1 in a hand vs them I tend to play 'around them' but if it comes down to it, I will knockout if they really want to mess with me.

I am not a collusion-offender or cheater and NEVER WILL BE I am very proud to be an honourable poker player. I am so good that I abuse cheaters as often they like to sandwich you with big bets so if I know I have them beat I underbet knowing the other cheater will reraise me big and then get double wins whereas if I raised big I know the other cheater would fold as they don't need to sandwich me for the bigger jackpot anymore.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I play a live game, it would always be with my partner in the same tournament. The poker room manager knows us and always tries to sit us at different tables at the start.

I find that if we are on the same table, she hardly ever calls my raise. I also tend to fold a lot against her, I don't want to knock her out (I have done before) as any winnings go towards both of us

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Friendship is friendship, but money apart.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To avoid misunderstandings and offenses from friends in poker, I try not to have friends in poker. It's easier and easier to play.

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's just a game, I often play with friends, if I'm striding with a friend in the game, I will invest a maximum to win ))

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing with friends, my game is no different from the usual game

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many other says... There is no friends in poker. I can be friendly and talk during the game, but i play my game the way i play against anybody. The game is always just a game!

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would try to not be in many hands vs my friend.For me friendship is more important that win a pot.

A

Anatolie Fomov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FomovA

Poker is poker, I give my friend away, play with him how to play with the other players

P

Punshon87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament, if your friend is at the same table, do you remain aggressive or loose your hand?
I believe that you have to play to your strength's and focus at all time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must play as usual. Any deviation from the normal hand-play due to the fact that you are playing with your friend is a violation of the rules of the poker room.
I'm not sure it's that black and white.

'Collusion' is what's not allowed, and collusion requires 'cooperation' between two players. If I make an unplanned decision to throw away my good cards, without knowing what my 'friend' actually has, how is that any different from me throwing away my good cards because I'm afraid of the shark at the table, who is not my friend?

In both cases I'm allowing my emotions to affect my play, but you wouldn't consider the latter example to be improper would you? 'Weak' maybe, but not improper. Most of us allow our emotions to affect our play from time to time.

It would be different if my friend and I agreed in advance that I would throw away my good cards whenever we are seated together and he/she raises. I think we'd all agree that's collusion, and that is black and white.

Besides, what is 'normal play' anyway? Who's to say what goes on in the minds of poker players?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friendship is friendship, and snuff apart...