emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The same rules apply on line as do in person, be respectful, do not be a deliberate slow player, no talking during the hand from players not in the hand. Unfortunately and fortunately, in person rules can be properly enforced, on line? Being obnoxious is easy to do, you slow play me I slow play you, you make stupid bets I put you all in, fortunately, I ignore everyone and only play my cards, so your rhetoric goes unnoticed, In person I punch you in the mouth.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no talking during the hand from players not in the hand.
I never understood that. I don't want to offend anyone but my thoughts are: Why do you care? Or is it because you are afraid other players will help your opponent? Believe me, mostly it distracts from thinking. Any explanations are very welcome.
I remember it's pretty fun when whole table online (plus observers) is guessing what player or you have.

Last edited:
A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand in live poker it can be annoying, but honestly crazy online players who love going on in the chat humor me more than anything and if they truly start bothering me I can make a quick block.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not sure you understand how etiquette works...

If its online and someone is being annoying in chat then mute them, in a live game you're just going to have to deal with it. Can ask players to be quiet for a spell if you are working through a tough decision but expecting no talk whatsoever from the table just because you are in a hand is ridiculous.

If you have an issue with "stupid bets" and start jamming to make some sort of point you're going to go broke pretty quick if anyone is remotely paying attention. And what constitutes a stupid bet? Why is it stupid? What is the definition of a proper bet?

And finally, any type of violence towards anyone at the table, irl or otherwise is a great way to either get banned from the game or venue (at best) or jumped in the parking lot.

So what's your point in your post? Are you saying everyone should act how you think they should or do you truly have no clue what the word etitiquette means?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to be distracted by idle talk in the game with the players so as not to distract from the game, but if a friend joins me in the game at the table, I can communicate with him but not for long so as not to distract from the moves and decisions in the game, then I continue to play I know that conversations are very disturbing in the game and the players are distracted from the game and make mistakes, now when I play I’m focused and try not to talk in the game over trifles!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any rule is hard to enforce online. It's easy to be rude to others when your hiding behind an online mask. I just try to show as much respect as I can and hope others do the same.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never understood that. I don't want to offend anyone but my thoughts are: Why do you care? Or is it because you are afraid other players will help your opponent? Believe me, mostly it distracts from thinking. Any explanations are very welcome.
I remember it's pretty fun when whole table online (plus observers) is guessing what player or you have.

It's inappropriate behavior, the hand being played is between those still in the hand. If you are not still active in the hand keep quiet about the hand.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If an online player annoys me, I just put him on mute... which I cannot do live... unfortunately.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you saying live poker or online poker?
If live poker, I am always respect
online poker, If something talking trash, I will always trash back to him because it is internet! LOL :D:p
The same rules apply on line as do in person, be respectful, do not be a deliberate slow player, no talking during the hand from players not in the hand. Unfortunately and fortunately, in person rules can be properly enforced, on line? Being obnoxious is easy to do, you slow play me I slow play you, you make stupid bets I put you all in, fortunately, I ignore everyone and only play my cards, so your rhetoric goes unnoticed, In person I punch you in the mouth.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt you will punch anyone in the mouth. Yes it is harder to ignore someone at the table. I will ask them to back off politely then ask for the floor person to assist if necessary. It is important to stay focused on the game. You know he may just be trying to get to you.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's inappropriate behavior, the hand being played is between those still in the hand. If you are not still active in the hand keep quiet about the hand.
You still did not say why.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Uh, yeah I did, but don't worry about it, you will have plenty of time to figure it out as you approach adulthood.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Please don't punch anyone! Lol. Live poker etiquette makes the game more comfortable. Online, the way I see it, is that if someone is slow playing you're still only waiting 30 to 45 seconds at the most. When you're playing live, a lot of situations can take that long. Just be patient I guess, which I understand can be hard if you're sitting there staring at a computer screen. Online poker etiquette and overall respect doesn't seem to be a thing. I just kind of let it slide off of my back and ignore it.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in person.....I punch you first
good luck with that
online, you have a clock
you can use it all, every hand
so what

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You still did not say why.
The rules of poker is that you do not discuss the current hand if you are not involved in it. I have seen players warned and penalized for making comments that may effect the game.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Etiquette is important enough in poker if you play regularly, you don’t want to be considered a rude one! online is just as important as in life

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why result to violence and let someone get under your skin when you know you can out play them on the tables

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's simply because that other person could influence the other player into calling or folding. It might be OK if it works in you favor but you would be mad as hell if it didn't. One player to a hand.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not care for the idiot players in online poker, I just follow my game and I do not let opinions and offenses affect my game since I studied a lot for that.

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is some level of etiquette that should be followed when playing live poker. I was at a table just last night and two of the players were chatting and giggling just not paying attention to their game. Playing standing up and just commenting about every play.... I just think that a little respect should be considered. It was annoying to say the least.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do players use up all their clock just to fold?

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, playing poker or doing anything in public is scary when you think about the 1000's of ways you can come in contact with a communicable disease, or poison, just pay attention to what people do when they are sitting at a poker table...they have touched all the cards, they have touched all the chips, and they always put their hands to their mouths or touch their faces, do you know where those hands have been?

They have touched doors and knobs, they have flushed a toilet after taking a dump and wiping, did they wash their hands? What about drips on their pants? They are eating and wiping their mouth and touching everything, just makes me want to stay home.

Also, on the etiquette matter, Cell Phones should be banned from every table and players should not be able to play with chips the entire game and there should never be crosstalk from any players not involved in the hand. Shut your yap.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right, we should always keep a good level of poker ethics.

When someone uses junk chatting online, it's easy to block them. It's worse in a live game. Once, a blonde sat next to me, who spoke loudly all the time - one hand lasted 10 minutes. It was a small local tournament. She stilted me. I could not focus on the game. What's more interesting she was a good poker player and she pretended that she did not know the rules of the game

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I noticed, how many poker players, so many opinions about etiquette )))