Poker and Emotions.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you consider emotional control as an important aspect in poker and why?

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello joe.of course emotional control is a good ability when you are playing poker
.Furthermore if you let emotions control yourself ...probably you will not play good poker and take the chances with you ....so for me emotional control is important aspect

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As important as bankroll management. You don't have it you will soon be busted.

Stocky373

Stocky373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm calm and patient, I play good, because I thinking about the game, checking the position, don't play high bets against big stacks, don't risk unnecessarily...but if I stop control my emotions, I play bad, losing hands, I can no take the focus on the game especially in the late phase in a long tournament...when I realize that in time, I can handle it...but mostly it's too late

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is vital to becoming a consistent winner in the game. Just like any other area of your life, if you allow emotions to take over, your logical thinking gets shut down. This will have major consequences on the level of decisions you can make and in turn on your wins and losses.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is super important, like one of the posters above said emotional management/tilt control and BR management are two of the most important factors to being successful at poker. However poker will always test those emotions and that is what makes the game fun to play !

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course , poker is not a card game , but a game of people ... So to be a winning player , you need to have a better emotional control that of their opponents in order to exploit them ;)

D

doctor zver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is important. When you win on one table with a garbage hand, you're mad and wrong on other tables

M

money67

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

i try too remain patient in the game