Poker documentaries.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched rounders for the first time about 3 weeks ago and according to everyone this is about as good as it gets when it comes to movits about poker. It was OK but to be brutaly honest it wasn't that great... it was a good story and ok movie but I couldn't help thino after it that it could of been a lot better. I also just watched Kid Poker. The Daniel Negranue documentary on netflix, now that did not dissapoint. I really enjoyed it plus Negranue is 1 of my favourite pros to watch and learn from.
Anyway...my question is are there any other good poker documentarys out there?? I've searched you tube and can find some low quality 1ns and there is a couple of old ones but nothing 2 great. Can any1 suggest 1 that u might be missing. Documentarys?? Not movies thanks.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'One of a Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stu Ungar'

Very good doc about probably the greatest card player ever.

Haven't really watched any others.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is going to be the most vague recommendation ever, but.....

I live in Montreal and had/have cable TV. About eight or ten years ago, GameTV was added to basic service. When it started, GTV seemed to be televised poker for most of its broadcast day. My friends started calling it the "Poker Network". At one point they started to run what I think was a Reality Series about Laak and Esfandiari playing a wsop. I think it was the 2004 series. It shows them with other young pros sharing hotel rooms and hanging out between events.

I think this has a well known title, but I have no idea what it may be, and I recall that the title didn't seem to match the contents of the show. I'll search around a little, but from the hour or so that I saw, it seemed like a great look into the real lives of poker players. Esfandiari recounts meeting Doyle Brunson for the first time - and asking for an autograph, etc.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
IMDb is my friend.

"Beyond the Felt"

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
'One of a Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stu Ungar'

Very good doc about probably the greatest card player ever.

Haven't really watched any others.
this documentary of Stu Ungar's life led me to several reflections about poker .... how to make good money in poker? and how to turn that gain into something really good in my life?

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu Ungar's story was the best

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of a Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stu Ungar.