Poker & depression

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have depression and I play poker to improve my life. When I'm playing, I forget everything and I feel good!
What is your opinion about people who play poker and have depression?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be careful budy, you can get even more depress. The variance and badbeats can every one louse his temper.

Hi There
Agree Poker can be very disappointing some times.
Maybe should look for other game

C

caslauty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there, i agree with the guys. the poker is like a gun, you can use it well or wrong. if depressed you please do not play anymore poker or ask for help in your family.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have heard reports of substantial improvements in the health of people who are depressed or with outrad psychiatric illnesses. Poker certainly brings us excellent life lessons, such as learning to win and lose, something many people did not understand before.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly you should get your depression treated and I hope that you are. That said, if you're good at poker, and are interested in working to improve your game, I would agree that it can probably be therapeutic. As long as you aren't taking chances with money that you don't have, and aren't taking time away from people and activities that you shouldn't, more power to you.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
using poker to help with depression? sounds like using alcohol to make you a better driver.... im a fairly level headed person and i find bad beats or suck outs stick with me for a day at least. i would not want to have depressive tendencies as well. with all that said i hope you are able to work out what you need to and if you ever need to chat feel free to pm me!

E

elmucu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
eye with depression

poker is a form of entertainment, it serves to get out of the reality of the world, it isolates you because you are connected to a server, the reality is very different and we must not separate from it, you must perform sessions of a couple of hours, go to gym and reading, so improvements and depression goes away. so a leader is built:rock::rock::rock:

R

RedRifle14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can help and it can get worse, when you're isolated due to depression its good to have a hobby of your own. But during a bad run, it can be devastating.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have depression as well but dont play poker to improve my life. Its just a distraction from life. which is a good thing.

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as it makes you feel better it's fine. But always ask yourself can I stop playing poker if I want/need to.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!!For us, for all the game is the meaning of life, each of us finds in it his calm,and it's good that quickly get out of depression in life playing, many do not get it(I wish you great results,not only in the game ,but in life!be healthy!

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have depression and I play poker to improve my life. When I'm playing, I forget everything and I feel good!
I'd have to agree with a lot of the other posts on this thread. You have to be careful with any mental illness when doing something that can possibly be addictive. I know there is a lot of skill involved in poker but at it's essence it's still gambling, which like a drug can be addictive. I know a few people with depression and anxiety who get a super euphoric feeling when their running well and playing at their best but crash hard when they're done or get a bad beat. I definitely don't wanna get you down or anything and I'm glad it makes you happy just be careful with it man. Good luck at the tables!!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I am happy that playing poker makes you feel good. I hope that you are also getting professional help for your depression. Good luck and have a fantastic day!:):):)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As long as you are being treated by a medical professional for your depressions it is ok.

It does sound like you are "escaping" something in life.

If it's not poker then you would probably escape in other ways.

Good luck !

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

The mental illness game thing is a real problem. Heres the real deal with mental illnesses. Listen to the women to see witch game. Because she doen't always like you waisting your talents on poker. Sometimes it comes to you can't teach and they showing you can go here but they don't want to take a chance so they throw you in a loser game. Really poker don't require talent. Not like majah or chess. A real pattern remember the first moves now you know what to do whore bet. Anyways you do your game for a lotto ticket. Its like molecules bouncing around to see witch game or who they bless. Every game in. Just for dabbling in another game can cost you. It can even help you. But usually you lose lotto tickets if you dabble in another game.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that poker is not a place where you can cure depression, playing poker, you can forget about depression for a while, but the reason itself will always come back, you should look for the cause of your depression but not temporarily reassure yourself with poker! !!

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker helps some of the depression to subside, it seems like you should keep playing more poker. You have to develop a tough skin to handle the beats though. I got beat with 4 10s once. So you're hardly ever guaranteed to win a hand.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depression and play

Sometimes depression can break even a well-formed game tactic. A person wins for a long time, but, in his opinion, the gain is too small, and in the end he concludes that you need to change tactics, which is completely wrong. It is only necessary to modernize those with skills, to improve the already chosen direction of the strategy, which brings money.

Depression can lead to aggression and loose play, which as a result can be the cause of your loss. Aggression makes it difficult to focus, so if you get bad cards in your hands, there is a risk of an emotional negative impact on your game. and experienced players can take advantage of it and beat you. The most important thing is that depression does not negatively affect your game.:vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for depression poker is not the best medicine that's for sure

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play poker in a good mood, if I have depression, I do not play poker, then I lose.

A

AxelJPB77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustration

It may be that losing games that kind of frustration and depression can be worse. It depends how you take it. But poker is great.:)