about 4-5 years ago it was a dependency-but now it's only a hobby

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this point it's just a hobby. Spend time with pleasure after a hard day.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be regarded as a hobby during free time from work. As a way to earn money and a way to realize a dream. But in most cases - poker - this dependence, which manifests itself in one way or another, what is recognized as a very few players. But so it is important? In everyday life, each person has a lot of different dependencies on anyone or anything that does not reduce their lives to Hell. For me, poker - this is rare but good stocks, tournaments, freerolls, where a minimum of effort, you can get a nice cash prize to spend on their loved ones.

J

Jacob123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep if you have a complete mental dependence on gambling you have a problem. However you may depend on poker for a job. For me it's just a hobby

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a hobby for me cause I'm not making enough money to make a living

Thanks for the reply. Your happiness that you have no money because poker would become dependent on you.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tell my friends its a hobby , but obviously I'm a poker addict !

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Beginning as a hobby,ending as a dependency

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, as in all gambling, there is a fine line between playing pleasure and being addicted. It is very important to designate it and not to overstay. Only in this case the game will bring joy and profit.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely a hobby for me. Of course, there is always that fantasy or glimmer of hope that maybe I'll catch a little lightning in the bottle at some point, string together some awesome wins, and it could become something more.

S

suzibuu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit of both. Sometimes its a mess, sometimes its a glory!

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely a hobby for me. Of course, there is always that fantasy or glimmer of hope that maybe I'll catch a little lightning in the bottle at some point, string together some awesome wins, and it could become something more.

Thank you for reply. Good opinion.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no more golf so poker is now my hobby and fun.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are a lot of people who have a wrong preconception about poker, I have a phrase that I always carry with me and I pass on to all the friends that I do.

"For Hobby, Amateur or Pro, play poker."

Poker is a mind game, which stimulates reasoning logic and cognitive thinking.

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly for me I think neither. For amatures like myself who make close to half my income from poker its more of a job.
lol. If your making half your income from poker you are not amateur, your a semi-pro. Congrats to you.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just a hobby for me. I can go a couple of days without playing if I am busy and have other things to do. I tend to play a lot more when I am on vacation like now.

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play poker online or live whenever I have the time and I can play it I do for my it is like a passion and I always try to take advantage of all kinds of freeroll since for the situation of my country I can not afford the luxury Of losing large amounts of dollars. :)

K

killroy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play to pass the time when im home online. in person i play for the money

B

BreakTheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to make a living off of poker. I guess that would be considered dependent. However, I haven't played online for since 2011, so I'm just getting back into it as a hobby. The game has changed a lot more than I thought it would.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is a hobby, I also think and I know there are a lot of people who are totally dependent and addicted to poker which I think is a temerity.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is my job now, is my hobby and is fun.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby more important things to do to make a living

Last edited:
M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started as a hobby but at this point definetely a dependency.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both of options im headed now, if u time consuming everyday playing poker than its addiction and every time every day its mean its life than hobby , hobby is included to the life, my last 6 month is going on poker online life, my time is passing on poker MTTs .
But time by time im still realising that i have to know more information and skill for professional play, still i think im fish cauze i cant take first place in any tournament, im trieing to play almost all freerols and cant go in final table and win tournament, i cant make the first place, how about if professional player like Negreanu if play this kind of freerolls which place he will be in tournament, its very heavy to get in final table, iv played few times only in final table, but still cant take first place!