Which country is poker the most popular in?

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which country do they play the most poker in? :p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most popular contries where people play poker: brasil canada and russia ukrain

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this is Brazil. I believe that poker is very popular in this country.
While it is obvious that popularity of poker is also increasing worldwide.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy it's without hesition USA. He's all playing poker at least once in their lives. That's not to mention Las Vegas.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His mother hildren's Kuril Islands:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Russia, Ukraine and Brasil, altough in USA was the root.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that the country of live poker is the United States. And the countries of online poker are Russia, Brazil and Ukraine)))

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Started in the USA, but after black Friday, many had forgot about poker except for the diehards. UK and Brazil and Russia would be on my list as well for popular poker countries.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russia))) for her Brazil...)))
:driver:

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say after black Friday , Russia/Brazil then UK,Ukraine,Germany/Canada, Romania from what I can see this days at the tables, but if the americans were still allowed to play freely then they would make the highest number for sure.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Difficult question to get an accurate answer to. I do not have a clue how many are playing LIVE in each country (seems popular in the UK these days). Numbers in Canada at LIVE brick & mortar establishments has dropped off considerably (this is an understatement).
I am guessing lots of our answers are coming from how many entrants there are in the freerolls online from different countries around the world....

It is easier to figure out what countries are doing the best in poker today. In online MTT play it is not from a country with the most people playing.... sweden is number 1 on the leaderboards these days, followed by the U.K., Russia, Canada & Hungary. Brazil in the 6th spot & the U.S.A. has fallen to 9th (although they still have the highest overall total cashes for tracked, ranked players at a total of $1.9 Billion!!! (Canada in 2nd with $811 Million)

Where does poker seem to be growing and becoming more popular... This is a question that partypoker & pokerstars could answer I am sure. On Partypoker I see regular growth but this is likely due to players coming over from Pokerstars. I also notice that some weeks (months) you will see many players from a certain country (this past week or two it seemed like there were many new acounts from Germany on the tables).
I wonder if there will ever be another BOOM in the poker industry... I sure hope so but honestly seems unlikely to me.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live? I'd say the US. Online? I'd probably say Brazil or Russia.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta be the US, think it was started here. Maybe it got real popular around the world but unless China or india play like crazy we're it.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
USA for sure, and I would like to believe that Brazil is among the 5 in the world where most poker is played .. At pokerstar brazil has shown these the best.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The USA for sure.

Los Angeles is now the poker capital of the world.

Good luck !

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the USA, but in the online is between Russia and Brazil

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star