Can Poker Cause Insomnia?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here is it. after the long session in poker, you take off from tournaments after moving. you go to bed and not at once you fall asleep - scrolling bad bits in the head, and thinking - why there is no good luck again. therefore we also love poker - for emotions in this game though they also happen negative).

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

That is not insomnia, how long do you sleep for when you do go to sleep at 3am.

:)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Council. Poker is not the most important thing in life. There are things much more important. For them to survive.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens, but it's not critical. Much more often I dream of poker hands

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it can cause insomnia like any addiction haha I remember one of the best advises I received when learning poker was, dont forget to sleep :)

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker can cause insomnia. Yes while playing poker you can go without sleep for an extended period of time but that isn't the same as an inability to sleep

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This use to happen to me. Then I started making a rule for myself. No joining MTT's after 8PM. No joining SNG's after 9:30. :) Cash doesn't really need a time restriction since it's pretty quick.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The people who posted before me are right, there's a difference between insomnia and adrenaline. Lets not kid ourselvs, gambling is quite a rush, even if you don't notice it at first it'll surely affect your sleep if you play poker before bedtime. Try to get your hours on the table a bit earlier in the day and you should be fine. I've had moments when I get into some intense MTT action late at night and then feel like I nosedived into a truck full of amphetamine all night.

Cheers :)

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have after the game of poker, the most good dream and no value, won or won. From the game of poker, I get pleasure!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can have insomnia if I lose a large amount of money or win. In other cases I sleep peacefully and without problems.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Schedule in freerolls CardsChat very suitable for my region, time zone, daily tournament on pokerstars starts at 22:00. I quite time enough after the game to sleep, so if I don't suffer from insomnia and at a later time I don't play poker

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
INSOMNIA

I am often insomnic. So when I am I sometimes play poker in the wee hours of the morning. I suppose I play longer than I should, which is to say that yes, poker contributes to my insomnia.:eek:

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeap,insomnia is a result of poker for me too.I dont really like it and trying to relax but sometimes cant fall asleep during the whole night.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker can cause insomnia. Many people suffer from some form of insomnia.
The best cure for insomnia is to sleep more often :):):)

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what you mean...
I sometimes think too much about my poker evening when i'm laying in bed.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play, the brain warms up and then needs rest. In my case, I'm sleeping like a dead man.

M

Moskao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started play poker recently and I do not play every day, so for me no problem. I'm sleeping like always.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
our body only rest perfectly if we sleep in the Night..i only play freeroll so far,and my best freeroll start 4am(FRC) in ealrly morning so if i want to play that meant No sleep.. some poker article say No sleep enough for playing poker make your brain not work good,then maybe you will making stupid decision at the table in important situation.. but for me stupid decision not come from my brain but my ego(discipline).. insomnia or not player cant success at poker when he can not handle their own ego..

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleeping as a baby, so poker no matter with insomnia

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insomnia when you lose or Vice versa.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have poker can cause insomnia, because sometimes disrupted the normal rhythm. Or if I lose on stupid, it can also affect sleep. Because long think about it.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my particular case poker help me to sleep)

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that I am not present! It is necessary to be able to do pauses!

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats can cause not only insomnia for me but waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares