Poker and Cannabis, good allies?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah cuz everyone knows weed makes you smarter even the nootropics guys. :rolleyes:

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weed is unlikely to have a massive impact on your play one way or another unless you get yourself like totally stoned in which case your out of it and pay worse.

i suppose maybe some placebo effect might happen if you truly believe this helps you.

also if you suffer from anxiety or fear it might help mellow you out so you can just go for it when you need to and not let emotions affect you in the same way.

after suffering a few bad beats from terrible players in a tournament i nearly won a lot of money in it might stop me doing this.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that it helps play loose and natural! Therefore, it improves the play!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that cannabis interferes with concentration and affects your overall physical condition. Obviously, a player who plays without cannabis or alcohol will always have an advantage over opponents. The factor of luck still remains, but in the long run, success will only bring your patience and your discipline.
Good luck.

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theoretically, cannabis can help you focus on the process. But all this is subjective, it can help one person, and work with others in a completely different way.
For me, it works better play earlier as possible in the day and a cup of good dann black coffee.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe after the game hahaha, before I think I couldn't think about the game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ever gets you through the night, is all right. For me though, I'll keep a clear mind with some rest before playing poker. Some activities are set with different social situations and not so much for others.

Best performance is when there is focus, clarity and alertness. Can't get that from drinking or smoking. I'll save that for another outing.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it is very helpful, cannabis helps you focus on an activity but not for a long time and then it tires you, so for a high performance tournament of several hours it would not work, I think there is nothing better than to be attentive and active, the best way to play poker is sober and well rested. Regards.

ais22don

ais22don

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nice topic . I think cannabis helps sometimes when you are stressed and you can continue to play poker)

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that pomer dont combine with drugs, cannabis is goos with another things but not poker.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about anyone else, but for me cannabis tends to increase my focus. At the same time, it does decrease my ability to multi task. It also mellows me out, which increases my ability to tolerate players stalling on the bubble or just playing slow in general.

It was the same thing when I played pool. A lot of the guys at the pool hall wouldn't play with me when I was high. They new that once I "got my eyes right" as they used to call it, they new I was going to be in the zone. They knew they were really no match for me, but they could win a game here or there. But when I "had my eyes right" and really found my focus, it could be demoralizing.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Colleagues, hemp you artificially want to receive grace, calm and balance in your life. Believe me, that this is all an illusion in the long run, and the reckoning for this ignorance comes very quickly. Higher powers can take health from you for your recklessness. Never take drugs!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not advise anyone to smoke cannabis because after a while. it will be difficult for you to do without it. when it does. your personality will change and you will tend to get angry more easily and find it difficult to stay active. but to answer your question. it is true that we have better results in poker after smoking cannabis. we are more relaxed and it is easier to stay patient and wait for the right hands to play. when you decide to play tight. after smoking, it is much easier for me to stay focused on the game of my opponents and improve my reading of the game especially after several hours of play. which facilitates my decision-making.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I firmly believe that cannabis improves everything. Tell me what you think about this combination. Does it favor or harm you when you play? Good smoke community!
It probably varies on a person by person basis. I'm sure it gets some people into the right mindset and does the opposite for others.

A bit if topic but here are the effects I've found for more common substances:

Any amount of alcohol causes me to deteriorate to a breakeven or losing winrate lol.

Caffeine helps me focus and stay disciplined up until it wears off at which point I feel mentally fatigued and I start hitting call too much. Likewise too much caffeine increases my likelyhood to tilt.

Green tea has usually been great for maintaining calm focus for me.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
weed gives a bit of a boost to my game, definitely helps but i wont count on that too much. Studying and playing games at the high level with top players gives you the biggest skills. :)

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Diverse answers! I like it! Thank youu!!