Poker breaks

K

KingTurd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I frequently go on breaks from the poker world because I don't let it consume my life. I find it healthy and every time I keep getting the urge to come back and play again.
ANybody here take month to two month long breaks frequently?

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
break need to relax...i play some days than some days holidays

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is good to miss a while but my routine is not poker but it is what takes me out of the routine jejje:D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do the same. Some months (usually in the winter) i play almost every day but during the summer when weather is good i prefer to be outside and play much more rarely. Break of one or 2 months can sometimes refresh you and give you more motivation to come back stronger.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take breaks in the game for a week and two weeks, then everything pulls me to the game and I continue to play, I do not make big breaks for a month or more!

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me too I'm taking breaks sometimes, especially when i'm pissed off because i lost quite a lot or after i become bored by the game.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES!! Because it gets so frustrating and I tend to play better when coming back from a break.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a steep learning curve and several years of passionate play, I discovered that I had mainly just created a poker widow of my long suffering wife, Candice. Not tenable.
Now, I spend much more involved time with my family and only play when I genuinely feel like it.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since I've known poker, I've been dedicated to him always in my free time, I study, I play, I read, my breaks are Weekend, a holiday, I'm with my family, I think we need to know how to balance poker with you personal life .. You can not close is to stay totally connected only in play, because the people around you want to know about you, and you need to give a step back to the mind .. As for stop playing for months .. I find it difficult That happens, stay 2 weeks until it goes .. but that's it. It will be hard..

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just took a 6 Year Break. I got burned out Dealing and playing. I did not find enjoyment anymore.

So now rusty as hell, but a good place to be as I am going to take a coaching program and a lot of bad habits I had are gone.

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I regularly take breaks. But I play small amounts and do not take poker seriously.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I sometimes take a break in the game. But usually my break is not more than a few days.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was all consumed when I first started, started getting pretty good I think. Then I had to take a break because of not being able to play, made it easier to take a break.
But I was glad for the break, I was too busy playing and not studying the game anymore. Now I play a lot less and give myself a chance to other things, and to reflect on my game. I don't play too many tables like I used to and am able to read the opponents a lot better and make notes also. When playing so many tables that all you can do is raise of fold when they pop up is not how I like to play.
I do still take breaks from the game. But with CC, and I am not complaining, they have the leader board to work towards. I still did take a few weeks playing a lot less, and I think I improved because of that.

jhosept6

jhosept6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I frequently go on breaks from the poker world because I don't let it consume my life. I find it healthy and every time I keep getting the urge to come back and play again.
ANybody here take month to two month long breaks frequently?

If you take poker as a profession take 2 months of vacation then you do not take poker seriously but as a hobby I do not spend a single day without playing or watching some video of poker studio

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I take some days. I dont play everyday. It works for me