Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
have a poker bracelet for a pro-poker player is important in your opinion? or is just "ego" and status?

And, what you think is best, have a poker bracelet of any type and never win more than $300K for your life time , or win over $300K our + an not have a bracelet?

:cool:

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll go for the ultimate title. A bracelet is almost every poker player's dream.
I don't mind being called a 'Fish' or 'Amateur' but own a bracelet on my bragging shelf.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You keep score in $. When someone refers to the #1 tournament player in the world, they are talking about total winnings every time. (Except when Phil Helmuth is saying it.)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how you see poker. I believe that poker is a sport, therefore having a bracelet is a trophy, it is not related to the money you may have earned in your professional life, for example the third quarterback of the New England Patriots maybe not have a great salary but he can say that he was an NFL champion when he showed his ring, and I think if we asked him he would tell you that it is something very important, I am talking about a player that I don't know, that he never saw action and that I don't even know his name, he did not play a single game in the season he only practiced with the reserve team but his ring says it is 2018 NFL champion, this is the same with a poker bracelet maybe it is not an important tournament and with a great price but it says that you were the best player in a poker tournament, for me that is something very important for a pokér player

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bracelet is status. It cannot be measured with money. It's like a Cup in football.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a bracelet used to make you part of poker’s most elite club. With the improvements in tracking winning players and their results —both with sites that do results tracking for live and online poker—it has become possible to be thought of as part of the elite poker players club without one.

Furthermore, I’d argue that the wsop is devaluing what it means to have a bracelet to some extent because there are so many more tournaments, there are many with dramatically lower buyins than there used to be, and reentries/what some consider “extreme” late registration is now allowed. That being said of course it still means quite a bit to win a bracelet, and I hope to get to wear one of my own one day! :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, money is more important to me. The bracelet changes nothing, and money changes everything.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bracelet is like trophy so I think that is like dream but money is most important because shows who is best players.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the most important thing in poker is not the money in the first place, and heritage. greater respect for the players who have achieved something in terms of some achievements in the championships than just hit the jackpot.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
have a poker bracelet for a pro-poker player is important in your opinion? or is just "ego" and status?

And, what you think is best, have a poker bracelet of any type and never win more than $300K for your life time , or win over $300K our + an not have a bracelet?

:cool:

I have yet to see a tourney where the winner had to choose which he wished to keep. My guess, if you announce that future WSOP tourneys will be played for a bracelet only, it will have a seriously negative impact on participation. Discussion over? ;)

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
money is by far more valuable than a bracelet unless you're a literal millionaire who's retired and never has to work. then winning 50k or even 100k might not be worth much to the person's overall net worth.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all this bracelets means nothing. You can be a successful player without them. That all depends on how much money you can win. And i,m pretty sure that most of the people everytime will choose money.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in trophy's of any kind,,,, move on. :star:

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As an amateur who has a 1:10^24 chance of winning one bracelet and zero chance of two or more, I'm leaning toward the money.

Bracelets confer status mainly in the poker community, they wouldn't mean much if anything to the average person and may even be viewed negatively by "anti-gambling" folks.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Players that have secured their lives financially by playing poker or by some other endevour, might find more prestigious bracelets as an only goal left to strive for. But there must be like handful of players like that out there.

For everyone else, bracelets are nice but its all about the money.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like a bracelet and 300k+. Can I pick both options?

Timmi1015

Timmi1015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is money today, tomorrow - no. And the bracelet will stay forever

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Both but if i have to put one more important ill put money of course.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a wife and two children. I need money. If I had chosen a bracelet, my wife would have kicked me out of the house. :D

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All about the bracelet but the money is nice too I guess.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For pro players money are important but at the end bracelets remain in the history. I suppose that balance (which of the two is more important) are different for the different players but for most money matter most generally.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I'm ever going to play in a tournament like this, of course, I will choose Bracelet. I think then I will have the money)))

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a bracelet would be nice but if you think of poker as your job than you gotta make that $$. That's the number 1 priority for me any way. But like I said winning trophies or a coveted bracelet would be an awesome bonus.