jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Morning CC!

I'm browsing my library's online catalog and am pleasantly surprised at the selection of poker reading material (mostly dated 2004-2011). Does anybody have specific recommendations for books to read (or to avoid reading)? I'm very interested in PLO, but I will read anything that can give me extra knowledge.

Thank you!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just purchased (very cheaply through Thriftbooks.com) "The Big Play Strategy" by Jeff Hwang. :)

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are couple of titles considered by many (myself included) to be timeless - Harrington On Holdem (3 volumes) and David Sklansky's The Theory Of Poker.
I am currently reading and trying to learn Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem by Jonathan Little. It's a newer title, it is rather in depth - not for beginners I'd say. The concepts make a lot of sense and I do believe that if I can successfully implement them it will greatly improve my results.
Finally I must mention Collin Moshman. His book Sit n Go Strategy is great, with the added bonus that he's here on CC answering questions from all of us - we are lucky!!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are couple of titles considered by many (myself included) to be timeless - Harrington On Holdem (3 volumes) and David Sklansky's The Theory Of Poker.
I am currently reading and trying to learn Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem by Jonathan Little. It's a newer title, it is rather in depth - not for beginners I'd say. The concepts make a lot of sense and I do believe that if I can successfully implement them it will greatly improve my results.
Finally I must mention Collin Moshman. His book Sit n Go Strategy is great, with the added bonus that he's here on CC answering questions from all of us - we are lucky!!

Great, thank you! I have read all of Harrington's titles already, and they were great. I found Sklanky's works on my library's catalog, so I will be sure to read those. I also found Doyle Brunson's "Super System." I figure I would read almost everything the library has to offer, excluding the very simple/surfacy beginner books. :)

Thanks for your insight.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very cool your post!
that is quite successful in reading, learning and evolution, and after reading posts something you have learned !! ihihihhihi! :)
I can't read because of the "attention deficit" but reading is always good and poker books even better !! :`P AIUHE IOeh aoeh aOIUeh aeh AOhOAIUEh oIEH oIE haouieh OAIUHE OUIEH ouihea
success and a lot of strength and a lot of light!
UuHhuuLLllll

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very cool your post!
that is quite successful in reading, learning and evolution, and after reading posts something you have learned !! ihihihhihi! :)
I can't read because of the "attention deficit" but reading is always good and poker books even better !! :`P AIUHE IOeh aoeh aOIUeh aeh AOhOAIUEh oIEH oIE haouieh OAIUHE OUIEH ouihea
success and a lot of strength and a lot of light!
UuHhuuLLllll

:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you!