57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What are the best poker books you have read. Mine would be The Psychology of Poker and The Theory of Poker. What do the rest of you think?

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyles super system was pretty good as well as Harrington on Hold em and Harrington on cash. I also read Gordon's little green book which is another good one. If you want to watch a very informative video go to you tube MIT poker class, there' like 6-7 sessions and they cover all the basics plus some advanced strategy. Good luck on the felts!

Last edited:
P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a poker dvd is way better than a poker book

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Crushing the Microstakes" - Nathan Williams

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of Herington's and Sklansky's are very good ... read also Kill Phill.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Read a new book for me Power Holdem by Daniel Negreanu. It was a good read. I like Todd Brunson section and Daniel's section on small ball. I know the book is a bit outdated nowadays. I still found it to be a good read. Anyone else read anything new to them?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I liked the book Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think a poker dvd is way better than a poker book

And I'm guessing you've read many poker books. Am I right?

poker dvd's? I've rarely heard of such a thing. I think Phil Gordon offered up one of his books on dvd (but not sure about that). I've made a bunch of dvd's but can't say I've seen any for sale.

PokerSki, what are these dvd's you speak of (the ones that are better than books.... oh and why are they better than books?)

I haven't read a new poker book in ages. Too bad because I really loved reading poker books (have probably read well over 50 books). I was going to purchase one last Christmas but I wasn't even able to find one I'd want :( It'd be great if another one came out that was a bit similar to the 'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time' series (Apestyles, Jon Turner & Rizen). Maybe something on mixed games by Paul Volpe &/or Shaun eff'n Deeb. (that would be something that would excite me!)

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any good books for online tournaments? It seems like some of these books are geared toward live games and reading a opponent. With online poker it is harder to read your opponent.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read all these books, now I prefer to watch videos in this form, I better remember the strategy of playing in tournaments and apply it in practice.

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read all these books, now I prefer to watch videos in this form, I better remember the strategy of playing in tournaments and apply it in practice.

Where are the videos are you talking about in this forum? I can't seem to find them.

J

johnson2000d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Books

Two books that I like are(1) "Harrington on Hold'em- Volumn III- the Workbook" by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie

and (2) "Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand at a Time - Volumne 2 by Eric" Rizen" Lynch, John "Apestyles " van Fleet and Jon " Pearl Jammer" Turner

Harrington was a solid poker player making the final table of the wsop a couple of times before the online craze!!

The second book is about online pros that rode the online craze and became pros thru that avenue.

So with these two books - you get a contrast and comparison.

Good Luck