Poker attitude

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I would like to ask you about the attitude of people around you, friends and relatives to your poker hobby. Especially the closest and relatives are dad, mom, wife and children. Tell us about this relationship, positive or negative. And if negative, how do you get out of an unpleasant situation.:deal::deal::deal:

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my gf doesnt like the fact im playing poker :p she think we can enjoy time together instead

i lied , i dont have a girlfriend :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm i dont have these problemes with anyone, i explained them how and what i play and the accepted it all. If you play all the time and loose a lot of money, i would understand some bad opinions :p

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any more these days it pretty much accepted besides those folks who have been around gambling addicts. Just another card game until you lose hundreds of thousands of dollars.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My family is not against my hobby. I am convinced that poker has only a positive impact on my life.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, my wife is completely indifferent to my passion for poker. I provide for my family's needs 100% and therefore, I use my free time as I see fit.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
My family accepts that I play, though sometimes - when I spend a lot of time playing poker - when they complain.:)

K

kiski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Win, then everyone's attitude will be positive. :) Or accept that this is your fun, you spend a few dollars a day on it. You could go to a pub, so at least you're home. Of course, it takes a lot of time, so it is better to restrain yourself, it will make it easier for you to endure playing. The point is always at the expense of what you sit in front of the machine. If you have to go for the kid but you prefer poker, for example, it is unforgivable.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you still in "Mom can I go outside to play with my friends" age?

I'm little bit unhappy about heavy drinking during our offline poker battles, as for the rest - I've got a business that I've created and love so currently poker is nothing but a game in the evening that I play at the PC doing some other things that generate real profit. And offline poker sessions are the reason for old friends to gather together during weekends and play billiards, or go fishing. By the way, fishing at the river or lake is the best place to play poker, It's a great game when 6 guys are waiting for the bells to ring on their fishing rods when fish bites.

P.S. Had problems with my relatives and girlfriends in the past when I've played online poker approx 70 hours a week for a living. Things have changed when I've invested my bankroll and time in learning new things and bought a workshop. Strongly recommend you to do the same.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only in my free time, my wife does scream and get nervous a lot that I spend more time for the game and not for her, but then I’m very happy and very happy when I win somewhere and buy gifts for her or something nice, I really it’s good to make pleasant gifts for my woman so that she is happy and joyful, my siblings understand and know that in poker you can win and earn extra profit, even my brothers sometimes play poker, but you just need to try to devote time to your family and to the game

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker, everyone was skeptical of me, friends, relatives. Once showed real money won in poker the friends were treated positively, from the family too, almost all were treated normally, only the mother is still against it.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have no family accusations because I spend my time playing poker in the evening and I don't affect anyone.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby that additionally brings me money. Therefore, my family is positive about my passion for poker.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, poker is a hobby and I play poker when I have free time.
I have no conflicts and my family always supports me.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is there attitude negative, is the first question I guess. If you are loosing too much this attitude may be justified. If you are profitable or just do it for fun then just let them have there attitude. More often then not a profitable gamble is a liar, sorry. Brag about the big win, never talk about losses. So that may worry the family. If you are profitable you never have to brag about, people just know by your demeanour. A family man/person should have an agreed upon monthly limit to gamble without effecting normal household spending, just fun money. If that person is winning maybe but 10% back into the house fund and use the rest to gamble. I guess I am just saying be responsible as it does effect others.

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People belive in my profession,but its not so easy make then believe when you are in down....

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All are positive. But, I don't leave anyone aside to spend all their time playing poker!

aeot

aeot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's my choice if I want to play poker or not despite getting negative comments on how bad the game can affect a person's life. I understand many see poker as some gambling machine which contains pure luck. I am old enough to make my own decisions, I know I don't play to lose money but instead try winning profit using strategy, skill, and knowledge which is a huge difference.

Anyways, I am lucky I got someone special in my life who loves playing poker and enjoys it as much as I do, that's all that matters to me at this point. :D

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think it doest affect if you take it like it is, a game, no more. if its get to afect your life, you are in trouble.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play poker here at home while family members don't play poker nor understand anything about poker so I don't see any negativity about them, since among friends they are very negative and I don't play when they are around, I usually play alone either how many family members, how many friends, playing alone helps me focus
:D:D:D;););):cool::cool::cool:

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People that have a strong mental game foundation above all their other poker knowledge are typically far more superior imo

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
No problem for me since I don't have any friends.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i keep my poker playing a secret among my colleagues unless there's a common interest. my family doesn't really know i still play poker, but for me it's also something i have up while i multitask. my bankroll is big enough and the amount to buy in is small enough for me not to have to pay 100% attention. however, if i go to vegas with family, expectations are definitely set to make sure they know i'll be way for hours at a time to play 1/3 nlhe

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My environment believes that poker is a passing fad. There's nothing in it worth wasting your time on.
I don't argue with them. Everyone can have an opinion. Personally I like

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People in my family thinks it cost me a lot of money. I tell them how it works and how much I spend. They think I'm addicted to it... A little bit, yes. I play when I have the time, some days a lot. It's my life, have no girl friend, so it's up to me.