Poker and alcohol

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel about poker when you drink? And what are you playing?

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you feel about poker when you drink? And what are you playing?

When I drink I try not to play poker.
There were a couple of cases when I lost a large amount in a cash game.
I advise all poker players not to mix poker and alcohol, nothing good will come of it.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I wanna donk off my bankroll, and jump into HUGE buyins I drink..LOL But no, I try not to drink and play. Unless its live, I have ONE cookie monster, cuz I am a very shy person, and it helps my mingle)

A

ashley8276

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and alcohol

I never drink when I'm playing poker I think it makes my judgement a little off
I try to stay sober. I think I win more money that way.

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh when I drink and play it always seems like the roulette table is right around the corner. If I'm winning I'm fine, but if something gross happens at the table, I can't control my impulses very well when I'm drinking, so I usually find myself docking around at the roulette table.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My performance at the table is better not drinking. There are plenty of activities I'd rather engage in drinking, than poker.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking during the poker session is the worst thing ever - dont do that if you take poker seriously!

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when we meet with friends to play we usually drink but I do not recommend it if we really want to leave far away because alcohol diminishes the senses like playing when one is sleepy ... but if it's just for fun I do not see it badly

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online sessions I can not drink and play, I already did it but it was not good. I like to drink when I play with my friends, it becomes fun.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone plays more aggressive and start talking a lot more than usual. I do not like to play against a person that drinks at the table. One time i lost some money when i underestimate him and followed some tells, but people in this state have no strategy, they just play almost every hand and raise a lot.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an old topic... and 100 times already discussed..))
everyone drinks and plays))))
:fight:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that players get gambley when they drink. Like they'll jam 940 BB stack at the 1/2 with 99. Personally I have a drink or two to relax me but then I chill.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it really just depends on how serious I'm taking the game. If I'm streaming, and playing low buy ins I will, but if there is an event going on that I'm taking seriously I wont.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to drink and gamble. I play a little different, looser, chasing draws, etc, but it's more fun so whatever.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you decide to quickly get rid of the money that alcohol is the best assistant in this occupation, and this applies not only to poker! In General, the main fun and enjoyment from the game!

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drugged i have been able to win a freeroll but drinking alcohol is literally impossible to me, i have tried it and for some reason i cant coordinate well the timeing :D

yasz69

yasz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i get agressive... i win big and lose big.. and it is hard to quick in both situation

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing better than having A beer and a few chips while I play a game of holdem at the kitchen table. Nothing to excess by any means.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink when I play and you have not gotten me into anything.
Of course it's socially nice, I find it nice and relax during the game.
I've played without drinking too and I do not see a problem playing without the drink.
The important thing is to keep focus, concentration and clear drinking with parsiomonia.

Good game to everyone and always good luck!

^A^njo

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, it appears things don't go my way.
Introspectively, I've done things I would not do otherwise.

Having drank and keep myself in check, for no explainable reason things still don't go my way.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never drink alcohol while I am playing poker. If your just playing for fun it might be ok with a group of friends but never for real money. I think alcohol can definitely affect your decision making and would definitely cause you to make bad decisions at the poker table. My advice would be to stay away from alcohol if you are a serious poker player. The more focused you are at the poker table with a clear mind the better chance you have of maximizing your winnings at the table!

C

CounterfeitedNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like to have a few drinks while I'm playing. I think this is one of those situations where it depends on the person. Like with many things, its best to drink in moderation when you're playing poker. Having a few drinks actually helps me play better by calming me down. If you're the type of person who will continue to drink until you're wasted, you probably shouldn't drink and play poker. Nobody plays good drunk. If you can drink in moderation you should have no problems. It may actually help you somewhat the way it helps me.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that if you are serious about poker, it is better not to drink alcohol during the game.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I,m sure, that this is not a good idea to drink anything and play poker at the same time, because in that moment you can,t controll yourself very well and you can loose a lot.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most poker is more concerned with strimulyatorami instead of alcohol. Drink and play - a bad decision. But drugs are not output. You can drink just coffee:D:thrasher::rolleyes: