Poker after a long break

C

cepeesior

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So there is a plan to return to the world of poker, i count on you to improve my first steps.

Mainly two things i want to know, firstly is:
As most of you know, poker is not just a game this is also "learning".I have basic knowledge. Intresting me whats you would take a look at? What to focus on after time without playing?

Secondly:
Time is precious and poker takes time. Briefly about playing. How to split the game in time? And let me know how you are motivating to play?

I think that these are important matters and it is worth thinking about them at the beginning. Your opinion will be a good start for me and anyone who wants to pull up.
:top:

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If You talking about online poker than first of all try to play some freerolls or micro buy-in tournaments.
They are quite slow but they are good for training.

Secondly, if you want be motivated, dont play zoom or hyper turbo game. They are fast and not good for players who had long time break.

About time... Hmmm you need to manage it of your own.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to watch poker streams in them you will see and learn how to open the right poker hands from the plus players who have been playing poker for a long time for several years and earn them. Watch how they bluff, how to play certain cards, and then try to apply the knowledge gained in practice.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you already had the experience of playing poker - try to return to the same discipline that you played before. To give more useful advice - you need to know what and at what level you already knew how to play in the past tense.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to watch some strategic videos before replaying. I like to watch emmission in the head of a pro winamax. you are more likely not to fall on regular or proffessional players on Saturday and Sunday morning. To motivate me I visualize my goal and answer all the good times that I spend poker. when it's really bad, I talk to my unconscious by repeating the same sentence for several minutes "I'm happy". this makes it possible to eliminate all negative thoughts.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So there is a plan to return to the world of poker, i count on you to improve my first steps.

As most of you know, poker is not just a game this is also "learning".I have basic knowledge. Intresting me whats you would take a look at? What to focus on after time without playing?

Secondly:
Time is precious and poker takes time. Briefly about playing. How to split the game in time? And let me know how you are motivating to play?

I think that these are important matters and it is worth thinking about them at the beginning. Your opinion will be a good start for me and anyone who wants to pull up.
:top:

I think that after a long break you need 1- try playing low-cost games or free chips to watch your game because you could forget something or miss something in distributions and you need to pull it up, 2 -if you are good at playing in long or short tournaments and you have the patience and skill, it’s better to focus on one type of game and try to get results and profit

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the main thing is not to play too much after a long break and everything is good in moderation, I want to be a diverse person

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
After a long break, I recommend that you, for a start, play only freerolls. Also try to be patient and play only with strong cards. This way, you will be able to restore your form without the additional risk.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IGo one level below stakes you played.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
1. Start playing in tournaments with minimal buy-in.
2. Play no more than 3-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you play. If you prefer tournaments, then I recommend that you start playing freerolls or the cheapest sng tournaments.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
First of all you have to keep in mind that the game is constantly changing. Poker is constantly evolving and this means new ways to play the game. If you’re limiting yourself by mastering just one form or variant of poker, you’re leaving money on the table. This includes Texas Hold’em.

Back in the day, you could feasibly make a good living specializing in one form of Hold’em such as Heads-Up or Six-Max play. Nowadays, you had better work on other aspects of your game if you want to stay competitive. There’s nothing wrong with specializing in a particular area, but you need to expand your game if you want to remain profitable long-term.

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This would depend on what type of game you are going to be playing. Cash or Tournaments. Whatever you choose, you will then find it fun and helpful learning by watching players on youtube or twitch.

Secondly:

Not too sure what you are asking here. Well I am motivated because I enjoy it. If I am ever not motivated, I don't play.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All kinds of learning material out there these days. Most of it pretty reasonable and then there are poker coaches for the one on one. What ever route you decide, best of luck.