Poker an addiction?

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, guys. Last month, I lost 90% of my monthly earnings to PokerStars. Every day I lost, but I kept adding money. In this sense, can we talk about poker as an addiction? What is your optinion?
:confused::confused::confused:

N

Neuron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop adding the money. I`m sure you can find better way of using your earnings. Yes, poker is an addiction, so find another hobby. Other way - you can spent some money to study poker, there are lots of such sites, and after a long time of practice make a profit.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

Stop adding the money. I`m sure you can find better way of using your earnings. Yes, poker is an addiction, so find another hobby. Other way - you can spent some money to study poker, there are lots of such sites, and after a long time of practice make a profit.
I never thought about it before thanks :jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message '5

Yes there is want to win and go into the game with the wrong hands and very often lose money. Try after losing to otdohnut to calm down and start again if no loss if the day was three in a row then take a break until tomorrow because I understand today did not win because it became a passion to win and will lose money.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You better stop temporarily playing poker. For half a year. There is a shutdown from the game in poker stars.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for about one year. I understand that I have little experience, so I play only in freerolls. This allows me to get a good experience without any financial cost.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing cash games or tournaments? are you playing for monetary gain or fun?. It sounds like you have a real problem and i'm not sure which part is addicting for you. If you just enjoy playing hands I would say follow old bankroll management and only make 1 deposit and play lower stake mtts you have 100 buy ins for and just enjoy the games. If you can't profit or break even after 100 tourneys you are playing wrong. If your addicted to a big rush from putting it all on the line or your trying to get rich quick and can't trust your self with a gaming budget you should seek professional help. A friend of mine once jammed 5k to get his 50$ blind back before he went to sleep ... he ended up losing 17k trying to recover a 50$ bb and it ruined his life at the time. Don't let this happen to you.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you keep loosing and keep adding money i think you get some gambling issues lol, sure it can be addictive, any hobby can be to much attractive, unless poker isn't a hobby for you. But anyway, i think you can master your game by studying more, maybe a coach, or watching videos or reading some books, maybe it will be more profitable to you if you try to conciliate playing/studying.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
control has to start from you. spent 90% of your winnings.
Wonder if you had control of your bankroll? did you stop to analyze what was wrong for you to continue to lose? The problem is not in the game but in you.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you can do is learn from the experience and move on

Important lessons to learn from your past month

Bankroll Management

Controlling Tilt

Budgeting Your Time

Balance of studying and playing

Furthermore, what is the underlying cause you are covering by not only playing so much, but so much of your monthly earnings?

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you for your opinions. I talked with more people and everyone told me that for some time I would try freerolls and stop adding money

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try your best to add control and discipline to this aspect of your life and hopefully it will also pass over to other things :)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, sometimes it,s an addiction.
Just my advice for you, if you don,t have much experience in poker, no need to deposit your own money and try to win anything, because most of the times you will loose your money.
Start with poker books, different videos in the web and soon you will understand poker game better, and after that you can play on your own money.
Right now there are lots freerolls in differen rooms, just start with them and get some experience from them.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in your instance it is an addiction. Like all addictions, it's not your fault. It's time to find another habit and replace the time playing poker with that new habit. Best of luck.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No! It's head. If you do not prevail with the head, then take for example alcohol, some can drink a little for fun, and some drunk will swell the Affairs of collapsing families there are accidents, as well as Poker if there is a head that you play a little, for that would not live much better, at least enough for the main activities. And if you do not have a head, you can lose everything, get into debt, and commit suicide, you must be careful and adhere to a reasonable lifestyle! It is wise to spend on poker free money so to stay, but nick's not the one that you have to pay for the apartment, the first thing and then Poker! Thank you!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes..i'm pretty sure that poker like other gamble games creates addiction

Try to set a monthly cash limit that you allow to deposit and if you lose your money, stay away from poker or try with play money..

Good luck at tables

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play a freeroll, then you will not lose the whole bankroll. I also lost 50% of the bankroll this week. Black week :mad:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a bad addiction because if you feed with money every time you lose you should take a break for a few months. You do not have to think that if you feed money again you will recover what you lost, what are the chances? , very small!. So it analyzes well the way you lost your money, do not play gambling anymore and when you come back to the table starts with free games . GL!

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this addiction is 100% you need to pause, or find another hobby

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is our life!!!learn ,and you will not pay for the game, the game will pay you!To everything need its approach-such is life, and life without poker not life)!

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be a strong addiction and can make you lost all of your money if you don't be careful , you must play only that you can afford and only this, so you will not have problems of it , so be careful with gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
I think that to some extent your statement is true. Any of our passions is somewhat dependent. For some time we used to spend time on our hobbies, and this becomes a part of our life. And we cannot do other things until we spend some time on ordinary activities, all this is reinforced by a material mirage in the form of a future victory.
I think you need to limit the time spent on poker and the money you can spend on your hobby. And also find an additional hobby that does not require material investments. This should reduce your chagrin.
This advice is not a categorical statement, I just share my experience.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me that would be a big problem which isn’t less important than the addiction from cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.If the addiction grows further you should go to a therapist.

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should stop putting money in your account, until regularly your way of playing.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sometimes you need to take a break in order to relax and live your life.You can be addicted to many things thats why you need to take a break.