Poker is a tiring game.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]you think poker is a tiring game, you think every move should be faster considering who some games you expect the opponent to play for more than a minute and have games that take more than 7 hours.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]what would be your opinion to play faster.[/COLOR]​

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't have to be an overwhelming or exhausting game, you have to know how to enjoy the different sections, otherwise you have to look for another sport (laughs) learn to be calm and improve every day is the best in the cards.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]you think poker is a tiring game, you think every move should be faster considering who some games you expect the opponent to play for more than a minute and have games that take more than 7 hours.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]what would be your opinion to play faster.[/COLOR]​

Play jackpot poker or smaller tournaments.

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look to improve your speed or reduce fatigue the only thing I can think of is narrowing the amount of times you must make decisions.

By having a strong strategy that you stick to, you will use less brain resources and end up less tired.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me, tournaments with slow and regular speed are realy tiring thats why we have alternative speeds of games - turbo and hyper turbo. in cash games you can choose the speed to your liking and enjoy your life watching the suffering of freerollers

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a great game that should bring pleasure to the player, not fatigue. Therefore, if you get tired quickly, you better find yourself another hobby.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game depending on your application can be quite tiring but I know players who are sitting for 12 to 16 hours, but in this case they are professionals and have a proper routine so I think if the guy does not live poker and is finding it tiring has something wrong and poker must be fun

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Howdy fellas
Poker is a very relaxing game.
No matter the speed.
It is like sitting in a cinema/theater watching a movie.
Just chill.
No stress...

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it annoying when players take a long time making decisions every time the play is on them. Some times I wish for an even shorter time for players to make there decisions but that is not fare to players who are put in a tough position to make a hard game play.Regardless I still love the game !

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the mode you play.

Cash game even more if it's zoom, it's super fast and dynamic.

spin and go also.

MTTS may take several hours, but hyper turbo is fast.

It all depends on what you choose to play.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all kinds of poker games. I think that everything is fine. I Zoom suit, and an ordinary Cash. If I want to rest, I go to MTT, if I need money I go to Turbo and Hyper. Everything suits me.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker CAN be a tiring game if you let it. If you're doing something outside your comfort zone, then it most definitely can be. Think of a multi-day tournament or doing a cash game session for 15+ hours. Those can be tiring for sure.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get tired, I stop playing. I believe that poker is a game that requires the patience and skill of a player. Obviously, with experience players become more resilient.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This game takes a lot time. And it is a pity if in vain. Then you should quit.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It is obvious that without patience in poker there is nothing to do. But on the other hand, what could be nicer than the final table MTT

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, when you play for more than 3 hours then, yes it often happens in tournaments, I get very tired and lose the ending.

Reh1980

Reh1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is tiring game?

Since I learned to play poker never stopped, the game eh tiring but more for those who do not prepare those who do not exercicos regularly and such game question flow faster just play turbos tournaments with 5 minute blinds everything is tiring more for those who do not prepare personal gl guys.:cool:

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play hyper-turbo tourneys,It's faster than the normal.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly i think it goes fast enough already. I know we all get a little impatient sometimes but if i'm not multi-tabling witch means i'm playing a game that really matters. I usually have a game on that doesn't matter at all i can mostly ignore or something like that so it can take my attention away while slow play happens so i don't get impatient.

I think I can contribute quite a few bad calls to impulse because the time warning beeper was going off. Sometimes I need to sit for a minute and let the fact that this hand i had really high hopes for just a second ago needs to be laid down.

As for shorter blinds no thank you. I like long blinds and deep stacks, preferably in a freezout. I think the shorter the game less skill is involved or at least my skill (the little i have) because i don't have time to fold & wait on my good hands. Maybe if your real good at aggressive or small ball you can just out play but i personally am not there yet. Unless i'm catching a few good hands here and there then & i can make sure they see a few winners and be confident and see lots of flops ans steal where i can.

I think the only viable thing to do is shorten late registration better yet do away with it all together short of 15-30 minute grace period maybe.:icon_geek

Last edited:
B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you refer to poker as being "tiring" maybe you should evaluate what that word means to you regarding why and how you play poker. If I hear someone, to me at least, refer to poker as "tiring" I generally associate that with losing patience for the game or not having the attention span to play long hours. Long hours is part of the game, that's why its called "grinding". Instead of looking at poker as "tiring" maybe try to define why you find it that way and that will probably even improve your game.

In general, do you maintain more of a fast-paced life style or do you maintain more of a laxed one? Are you more prone to seeking instant or quick gratification in your daily life? This can all translate to your perception and enjoyment of the game. If you're more of a recreational player, I can see how it would seem tiring, especially if your mind stops engaging after a while. This can be a problem because you may start to force outcomes instead of being patient and picking your spots. I'm not criticizing at all, just ask yourself these questions. Poker is fun, but at the end of the day it is about making money and sometimes making money or seeing the results you want to see in a given session can take time.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone once said, playing poker leaves your body looking for exercise but your mind exhausted. Regarding tournaments, I dread playing tournaments with a two-hour registration period. The more I play online poker, the least likely I am to play anymore live poker. I've gotten so used to the pace of online poker that playing live poker, waiting for hands, would be unbearable.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is time intensive if thats not what a person does for a living. specially non hyper tournaments with late reg. I think that is what makes it so tiring.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is poker a tiring game?

Good evening everyone.
I don't find it a tiring game, I really want to learn to play as the best players.
I study a lot, I practice a lot, there are days when I start playing 08:00 in the morning until 03:00 in the morning.
But I have to confess that some days I end up making mistakes that if I wasn't playing for many hours, I wouldn't do it.
Physically tiring, no.
Mentally tiring sometimes, yes.
In my opinion.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends very much how you play. Every heavy brain game is exhausting. Poker players are separated into 3 main groups according to my observations. First group are players who do not think too heavily and do not try to improve their game or win something. They play for pure fun and for them the game can even be relaxing. Second group are relatively new players who are constantly trying to improve their game and become better. They think heavily during the game and it is very exhausting for them. Third group are pros who have played so much that most of the time they know what to do without need to think too much. For them also the game is not so exhausting. This though is just one side of the coin. The physical condition of the player and the effects caused by the other activities in your life can be the most important factor for most people. I personally play most after work in the evening and 3 to 4 hours is the maximum time when i am still concentrated and play relatively well.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and time is very expensive. Last Friday, I played a pokerstars tournament, with a 3.30 or or 4.40 entry free, and while I almost made it to the final table and cashed, the amount of time that I devoted to this tournament, over five hours, made me feel like I'd wasted my time. This is one more reason why cash games are preferable to tournaments.

Top 10 Games