Poker for a living

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made enough to enhance my life, but never went into it for a living. I say enhance and I mean I made enough at the tables to be able to afford first class on airplanes when I traveled for work. I did not worry about bills and such. I have known people who make a living at poker and it is not hard when you make a solid plan.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people who have the same mind, want to make a living from poker but do not want to invest in poker, they only play freerol, and that is the place where everyone stagnates, they practically need a miracle, they would do better if they left that fear of failure and they will risk making a small investment I speak of about $ 500 and play in cash tables of $ 100 and make an inventory a month to see if it really works for you or not, everyone says I want to live from poker but I am not stupid to make a deposit , best freerol game that cost nothing. I don't know anyone who has started from scratch, that's crazy, not even the famous zeros poker with its challenge of reaching $ 10,000 with only $ 5, what I want to imply is that it is almost impossible to earn a living in poker without seeing invested in it,;)

F

face5674

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could be nice. Lived off pokerstars back in the day for about 9 monthes

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as a hobby or not a big financial pillow!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would have been starving for a long time if I relied on poker winnings!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a hobby, a good opportunity to have fun after a hard day's work. I work as a driver, and I only play poker in the evenings after work.
Good luck.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to make money, but it doesn't always work:)

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun not for money so i keep winning

xurek

xurek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to play 3mes. just freeroll i already got 50dol. I believe so,

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Many try or wish they would try, but seldom do players want to put in the continual work it takes to not only become proficient at the game but to keep up to speed on the ever changing game.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to do it now. In 2016, with all those BetOnline and RedStar freebies, it was way easier to get at least $100 a weak by playing only freerolls and NL2, and a few $1 tourneys sometimes. Now it's become harder.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've dreamed about playing poker for a living online. I know it would be stressful and take lots of dedication. I think however I could do it. I've played long enough and enough bad streaks and win streaks to know how to deal with it all. However I'd like to keep a day job just to fall back on.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Has anyone/ does anyone play poker for a living? Any success?

Unfortunately, my income from the game is not so great that I could pay all the bills, but still, at least I do not spend my own money on the game. Moreover, my bankroll is growing, thanks to our daily freerolls.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I can't say that I earned a lot on poker, but I took out more money than I made a deposit

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are people who earn about$ 1000 a month in poker! but how do they do it? they play 20 tournaments a day, every day on multiple sites! I also want to earn the same, but even 3-4 tournaments are sometimes so tiring to play! so while I will enjoy what I have:$ 10-50 per month((

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wish I had dedicated myself to the game when I was much younger, when promotions were better and the players were much worse. These days I do not have the time or the funds to really invest in make a living from poker as I have a family to provide for. I have made an average of about $500 a year playing poker and that includes 4 years of being a losing player, but that is obviously not enough to live off.

As someone already mentioned, lots of players think that they can earn their fortunes from playing freerolls and never really getting any skin in the game. Invariably they win a couple of Dollars then lose it again very quickly few make it into double figures maybe a handful make it to $100, but then they either lose patience because it's take so long or they lose it all again.

People think that poker is a get rich quick game, the truth is that it is anything but.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a way to earn some extra money, some see it like this, that will depend on you if you play it for a while or if you turn it into a full-time or part-time job if you have another job or another source of income.

But to be a professional poker player that all your income comes 100% from poker is a path that can be difficult to get there but not impossible.

Over time you will see if you can dedicate yourself 100% to poker and live off the game and be like your lifestyle living what you like.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, there you have to pay the bills, but it is not a fixed amount, sometimes you have to reduce expenses, but you can live. ;)

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to make a living playing poker now days because of covid. And the bots online.