Poker a Hobby, Job or a Lifestyle?

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How were their beginnings in poker, since they started playing it what was their first impression how they saw it based on these 3 options hobie, hobby, work or as a lifestyle.

How long did they take to understand the game and how long did they start taking advantage of this passionate game?

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for more than 5 years and every day I learn what's new, there is no limit to perfection in the game of poker. For me it is a hobby that brings joy in small victories.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this first post, I want to tell you about my beginnings in the world of poker, my beginnings were at the end of 2001, one afternoon at university I saw my classmates play the same game that I saw on tv, which called me the Attention but I did not understand, I was amused to see that instead of chips my colleagues used stones, well the fact was that that same day I decided to investigate POKER and there I fell in love with that fascinating world. Since then I played amateur in a few clubs in the city, and I started to know online poker, I was not successful like many at the beginning and not because I played badly, but because of something very important in the world of poker and gaming. life, bank management; I remember that at the beginning of the online world I got to have 4000 dollars in about 3 months starting with about 300 dollars but finally I lost the 4000 and even lost my 300 dollars, from there I began to study not only how to play poker, but how to manage my money .

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the principles are more difficult, we have a similar story since I also started in college and with friends and my brother after that I opened my online poker account and in less than 2 years playing online I also obtained good results playing in the Low limits, but then as you say you did not have good bank management and lost my money, over time I read some books and even so every day something new is learned in this game.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a hobby but i would like it to be a profession but is very hard.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They can be all 3. But each one needs to know what is for them and from there establish game time, time of study on the game, tournament values ​​and type of tournaments that best adapt

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally, poker is a hobby. This game always brings me pleasure and I think it is a great option for spending time. Only a few become professionals, but every player can enjoy the game.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, at the moment I take poker as a hobby to which I am obviously dedicating study but at the levels that I play it is still not profitable for me, I would love that tomorrow I can say I live from poker

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really want this hobby to bring money
i would like to make $ 500 per month
while i'm only losing

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a hobby for me. Maybe at the moment. Well, in general, it would be interesting to see the answers to this question in the form of a vote.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you make a living from it you can call it a job and also a lifestyle..if you play just some times, you play for fun

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of different things to different people. To me it's competition. I don't play for the money. I like leagues, leaderboards, trophies...stuff like that. Competing against great players and coming out on top is worth more than money to me.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is my hobby, but I hope that maybe in the future my hobby will become my profession. I know that this requires hard and persistent work and I am ready for it.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much money do you have?

well, if you have you life resault then most is a hobby, but if you dont have a job, or not generate enoueg mony, then of course is way to live.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we all start in the world of poker as a hobby, then it becomes a lifestyle and then it becomes a job in short, it covers the 3 things of your question

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, poker is a job and a hobby, I have a different way of life ...

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby, there is more to life than the variance of poker, studying poker is just one of many hobbies I have. Sure you can make money, but there is always the luck factor and downswings as part of business, who needs the headache?, instead, play for fun and if you make money great...playing online in USA outside of the regulated states is a complete wash. (live’ games at 1/2 where you can run game on recs works, but usually sketchy gamblers at games..which brings about its own host of problems lol) but I do love it as a hobby. If I move to Vegas or Jersey, I would think of it more seriously as real income.

If your overseas and care about the game, apply your skills and make bank. Your lucky you can play on real sites. (hint pick the sites you play smartly, by that I mean look up regulated vs unregulated, do your research)

Last edited:
Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's just a hobby. Whenever I play for many days in a row I end up tired of playing and stop for a while. After a few weeks or months without playing, it makes me want to play again and I return. So, for me it only works as a hobby, if it starts to be seen as an obligation, I lose interest.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For most people including me it is a hobby. If you are focused enough you can turn it to job or lifestyle.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The first time I played poker was when I was 12 or 13. It was only a couple of times in the yard with friends. From that moment I remembered all the combinations and the principle of poker itself. With real money, I played poker for the first time when I was 20 years old. It was in a poker club, and from that time on I really fell in love with poker. For a while, poker was my main source of income, then I worked as a dealer in various poker clubs. Now poker for me is a hobby that I do in my free time.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... when I started playing poker I took it as a hobby ... however a year ago I worried about learning more about poker ... I mean I started studying and watching professional streamers ... and now I take it more seriously in such a way that I hope I can live from poker ...!