Playing Tired

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker player has played past there body's limit. What I was wondering from you more experienced players has it cost you money playing tired! Have you made huge mistakes! Or have you learned to deal with playing tired?
:eek:I have played like a zombie before and it seems to cost me every time!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When you are tired you do not make the best decisions and this happens in all activities, not only in poker. That happens to me because I play in the evening. After a few hours of playing poker in the tournament, fatigue appears and I can not concentrate.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In heads up I make better decisions when I am tired ..but in multi tables my performance drops substantially

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I, too, when I play at the table, get tired a little)) warm feet and hands help me to continue the game:lollypop:

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a lot of time in a tired state, then you should not, it is better to relax. Loss of concentration leads to a loss of money. I wish you good luck !!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A while ago I started a thread about length of playing sessions. In part because of the fact I had listened to Olivier Busquets relate on a podcast he now limited playing sessions to three hours to maintain his a game.

It then occurred to me how my game could suffer due to tiredness.

I then posted on the matter and was surprised (pleasantly) to find those who responded generally did not like playing for more than a few hours also. There are times when we have no option but to play longer (running deep in an MTT) but I think it is always a good thing to remain vigilant as to how tired you really are and for how long you can maintain your 'A game'.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fatigue and poker things are incompatible! Fatigue and lack of sleep affect concentration.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, if you do not just press the keys, think and analyze, poker takes a lot of energy, you need a professional approach

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play when I'm too tired. I know that I could not stay efficient for a whole game. I absolutely have to be fit and motivated to play my A game. otherwise and if I really want to bet. I play roulette or sports betting.

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a day job so I’m often tired when I play and I also make tons of mistakes and getting tilted quite often. I read about inchworm learning and so I try to use these moments mostly for practice

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing over a year ago, I made several rules, one of them is to play everyday.
Of course I may be travelling , out of internet or similar, otherwise there is no excuse of not playing tonight.
It is similar to the situation of a student, who knows that the exam is scheduled for tomorrow and it WILL take the place tomorrow anyway, regardless if you are tired, bored or tilted.
So I would play even being tired but choose the low risk game like a freeroll, or a time limited game.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker player has played past there body's limit. What I was wondering from you more experienced players has it cost you money playing tired! Have you made huge mistakes! Or have you learned to deal with playing tired?
:eek:I have played like a zombie before and it seems to cost me every time!

Most of my biggest losses (like 90% of them) came when I was
a) playing tired
b) playing under the influence
c) both of the above

I definitely know how to play tired better than many other players (experience helps) but that doesn't mean I choose to do it. These days the only times I will play tired is when it is a tournament and I am forced to.

If I'm playing a cash game I will always quit when I'm tired. Even if the game is incredible, I know that in the long run nothing is more important than my health, and a good night sleep is the best way to stay on top of that.

There's no rush to get the money in the short run (or to get even which is often people's challenge). I look at my poker sessions as all part of one long session, and every decision counts, INCLUDING WHEN TO QUIT!

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! If you feel tired, but you want to play, then you should not go to tournaments, sit at the cash table, you can leave at any time, I do this

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I usually play no more than 3 hours in a row, so I do not have time to get tired. But if I feel tired, I stop playing and just go to rest.
Good luck.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tired it’s better not to play poker, you don’t have the strength to make the right decisions and you lose money, it’s better to relax, and then continue to play.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tired is just something for professionals, who have established certain play (work) schedules and have to comply with them. Being professionals, their game when tired is almost robotic, automatic. But a player like me being tired if I can throw enough $, and I already have.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times I made the mistake of playing tired. I have come to the conclusion that it is a bad decision. If you do not feel well, do not play friends. It's a tip.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better not to play tired. Bad decisions, loosing focus and missing signs during game. Stay away form the game if you are tired. Well if the game lasting too long than you are forced to play it tired.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend playing when you are tired ... :rolleyes: you lose concentration, you play worse, and it automatically affects your budget because you are likely to lose ... and I happen to play tired several times, and normally, losing every time :mad::confused::(:) ...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done that and never got any success in such state. Fortunately i have enough discipline to play only freerolls when i am tired so i also did not loose any money but at the end playing tired is something i try to avoid now.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tired poker?

The truth is that it is not the best, unless you are at a table where you have an advantage and it is convenient to continue playing, as long as you have the level to do it. if you lower the level it is advisable to finish the game there and follow it later. in poker you have to take advantage and make the most of your skills, if you are not optimal for that, it is better not to play