Chips
If you can get the players, why not?

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing on a tablet would be good to play poker when you are away from the house.

A

adepoker11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a recommended tool that is useful in case of having to leave the House. good decision

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how many tables it's possible to play in a tablet. I know that when I played poker stars in my iphone, I could only open one table at time so I rarely use my phone to play because it's not much profitable. The only advantage I saw is that is more confortable to play.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how many tables it's possible to play in a tablet. I know that when I played poker stars in my iphone, I could only open one table at time so I rarely use my phone to play because it's not much profitable. The only advantage I saw is that is more confortable to play.

If it were a MS tablet, the software should be the same as a desktop. So as many tables as you can deal with.

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it were a MS tablet, the software should be the same as a desktop. So as many tables as you can deal with.
True(ish).

If getting a MS Surface, make sure that if it's a version 1 you get the Surface Pro NOT the Surface RT.

Same applies to version 2. Make sure it has 'Pro' in the name because they have renamed the RT version to just Surface 2. You will want the Surface Pro 2.

To be sure that this is clear, only the 'Pro' versions will run normal desktop type software.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on what you want to play in which site... In ipad only pokerstars have a decent App. FullTilt only has a Rush game app. 888 has a decent app but you really can't browse all the tables available. Even in PokerStars you can't play home games from a tablet.

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's an alternative if you can not play on a computer but I do not think only the best is good if you can not be on the computer

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad. It somehow shows the players status and they will exploit on it.

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on an iPad. Only one table at a time, but it's relaxing in my recliner

Bad. It somehow shows the players status and they will exploit on it.

Not sure I understand that.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be sure that this is clear, only the 'Pro' versions will run normal desktop type software.

So would a Pro let me install HEM/PT? What about Java so I can run my trading software?

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So would a Pro let me install HEM/PT? What about Java so I can run my trading software?
The Pro versions run Windows 8.1 (or 8.0 if not updated) so they will run anything you can run on a desktop or laptop PC including Java**.

The (generation 1) Surface RT and (generation 2) Surface cannot do so. They only run stuff purchased from the App Store. If what you want ain't in the App Store it won't run.

** If you run Java on any computer, make sure to keep it fully updated since more and more security holes are found in it every day.

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Only 4 tables max on most tablets running android.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many MS options by other manufacturers. I have thought it odd lately that ads for MS tablets are not necessarily focused on the Surface.

INFINITE666

INFINITE666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. You can play Pokerstars on your phone or tablet, there is an application for that.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be wary if you are playing on multiple tables and have auto pop-up...
Can make you fold/call/raise the wrong hands, if you are to fast with your fingers.
(Yep, done it!)

Cheers

Ps: FullTilt offers Rush poker on an app, not sure if it is for cash, but for play money, and I think 888 is having an app aswell. But Pokerstars is the best.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be wary if you are playing on multiple tables and have auto pop-up...
Can make you fold/call/raise the wrong hands, if you are to fast with your fingers.
(Yep, done it!)

Cheers

Ps: FullTilt offers Rush poker on an app, not sure if it is for cash, but for play money, and I think 888 is having an app aswell. But Pokerstars is the best.

+1 watch out for the fingering of the pop ups. Also 888 already have an app for ISO , if you're from canada or I'm guessing u.s. it doesn't show up on App Store to download. The trick is you have to change your account country info to U.k and then you will be able to download it. Once downloaded just rechange your country info. ;)

HaNz17

HaNz17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is practical when you are not home, but the trouble is that you can not be in several tables, or use software to help as the desktop pc if you can.
If you want to play for fun recommend a good couch with a good drink, but if you want to play to try to profit and Statistics and others, whether it is better normal computer

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played pokerstars on an ipad mini, the software is beautiful, imo it looks far prettier than it does on my laptop. I think it is a good option for playing away from home, but definitely wouldn't be a suitable replacement for a PC or laptop for playing regularly, due to the limited screen size.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's better to play at PC or Laptop but it's nothing wrong to play at tablet or smartphone. It's only large of screen if u don't use hud or something

R

RogerZzz8979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I can't play on multiple tables at the same time, it really doesn't make that much of a difference. I prefer the laptop I guess....being in a "working position" behind a desk helps me keep my focus. And I like the bigger screen. Can't wait to have a 27" iMac! :)

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if u wanna play few hands here and there its ok,but you dont get HUD on tablet :)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

K

kidanred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why not? if you have some important tournaments and you away from home, tablet - is a solution

D

Diamond1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is very good. Comfortable.