Playing online poker at work.

A

aceblack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play online poker at work but my company keeps logs of employee website visits. Does anyone know if it can be played through a proxyserver and would this hide the website activity? :cool:

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play online poker at work but my company keeps logs of employee website visits. Does anyone know if it can be played through a proxyserver and would this hide the website activity? :cool:
hmmmmmmmmmm not sure if this will work but after you finish delete the logs or restore the computer, hmmmmmmmm how do they keep the logs, do they automaticlly save to a differnt computer or file, need more infomation before i can give advice

domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea better make sure either A. you do a good job of hiding things or B. Get really good at poker just in case u get fired hahah... I'm not sure about the proxy server I bet the poker software has some kind of block against it as to thwart any players trying to play in banned countries and things like that

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sounds like an all around bad idea.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are keeping tracking logs it means that they had a problem with workers messing around and getting paid for not doing their Job.

poker sites are tracking proxy severs, will ban you for using one.

kltpzyxMrM

kltpzyxMrM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others this generally sounds like a bad idea. In the hay day of Farmville, people where I worked used free proxies because the Co. had strict rules about chatrooms/playing games. The problem with free proxies for poker is they frequently went down or you'd get disconnected. I wouldn't want to be in a mtt/stt and lose my connection.
Seems like install/uninstalling poker client would be a big pia to cover your tracks after every session, not to mention they could have spyware on your terminal.
Maybe if you got a reliable paid proxy service and played using the flash player tables that some sites offer then you could do it. If a site prohibits proxies, and you have a private office, then use your personal laptop that is tethered to internet via your personal cell phone.

I'd have to seriously question my motives for wanting to do it and think maybe I had a problem. Unless I had a lot of downtime at my job and/or a spouse at home that hates online gaming.

Last edited:
T

TimboDub

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could always just hand in your notice and save yourself from the inevitable disciplinary hearing/dismissal?

For various reasons I play on PS through a VPN and they were quick to suspend my account and ask me why. I gave detailed reasons, which they were happy with so reinstated me, but they didn't hang around in hauling me up for it initially.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell, never mind work, I'd just like to play at home! It's gettin' harder and harder these days....:(

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea better make sure either A. you do a good job of hiding things or B. Get really good at poker just in case u get fired hahah... I'm not sure about the proxy server I bet the poker software has some kind of block against it as to thwart any players trying to play in banned countries and things like that
hillarious! and C. make sure you dont play 13 hour MTT's with deep starting stacks.

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to get a laptop that connects to the internet threw your own carrier like a mobile phone. Then you will be sqweekey clean.

Don't use there network.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually support our internet usage product at work. Websense logs everything you do if you use our internet connection. It also categorizes your activity. We have had employees fired because they couldn't use the web wisely...

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another idea is to use remote desktop to remote into your computer at home then play it on your home computer.

Basically you need to find a way to access the internet without using there internet provider.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry but LOL - if you have to ask the question, then there's pretty much no way you're going to outsmart your IT department and you will get caught.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pass on this idea. It would be a shame to lose your job over this, and I would recommend just playing at home when your not in work

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry but LOL - if you have to ask the question, then there's pretty much no way you're going to outsmart your IT department and you will get caught.

Yes... if you are bored and need to keep busy, why not do your job? :)

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IT will nail you , if you are at work and want to play poker get permission or just wait for the pink slip as it is a coming. I have dealt with internet usage over the years at our office and if one thing is clear as can be it is what you do on your computer is far from private no matter who you are.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are u using the company computer, or your own but using the company network?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT will nail you , if you are at work and want to play poker get permission or just wait for the pink slip as it is a coming. I have dealt with internet usage over the years at our office and if one thing is clear as can be it is what you do on your computer is far from private no matter who you are.
when you get fired you can play poker and collect unemployment !

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very bad idea Imo, I don't know what you do for work but you would probably be faced with many distractions and probably lose out on some big hands. Oh and If you get caught you will probably get fired.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

A

aceblack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Update: Found a free vpn website cloudfreevpn.com and it works no problem at home. Now just have to try it at work tomorrow.

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PROP BET: I got 100$ says you get busted using a vpn.

This is a joke because it would be to hard to really track but I do think you are going to get busted doing it that way.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few years back I played stars on the work computer and I never got caught. But it's probably because they allow us to browse internet during work hours and don't really care about our usage. If you work for that type of company than yeah go ahead, if on the other hand you work for a company that does not allow browsing sites then you better forget about it.

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the unemployment rates around the country, I'm sure someone would be more than happy to take over your work and let you play at home all you want - while searching employment ads.

If you have a stable job, I'd really like to know why you'd want to risk it. Obviously, the company has put in place certain restrictions and logging because its been an issue and something they're concerned about and want to take seriously. At my company, we'd probably make an example out of you while you headed out the office with card board box in hand.

Just play at home.