bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you play a tournament with more than 20k players how to stay on the table until one itm

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Depends on the type of game, blind structure, etc ... If you could be more precise, you could get more worthy replies :)

But in general, it is like any regular mtt. However, you should be very careful first couple of hours where actually you could either build up some stack or go out. Next couple of hours you could find it pretty quiet with standard play, and after that your skills only could guide you ITM :top: Take attention on the opponents and their play, thus you could choose the right moments to bluff :top:

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience just like any other MTT. Don't change your play just for this one tourney keep doing what got you here. Play your game win some, lose some.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play there a week somewhere, the maximum reached 800 places, it's very hard to play, and the blinds are big.:dancing2:

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience just like any other MTT. Don't change your play just for this one tourney keep doing what got you here. Play your game win some, lose some.
I'm tired of playing just like that, hunting for victories!:icon_pale

gedzshadow

gedzshadow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longer tournaments are more about survival. Really. It sounds a bit tedious but its really the truth. How do you survive? The tips aren't really about poker strategy but avoiding losses. Here's what I use:

* Don't play average hands - stick to high pocket pairs - or suited A to 10 - (you'll do well to rake in some decent pots
* With BB and SB don't call crazy raises if you have crap (wasted chips)
* Don't go all in unless you have the nuts or the other player has a smaller stack
* Avoid preflop all in pots with 3+ players (chances are someone gets lucky with crap)
* Wait for the field to narrow till people start to tighten up

Ultimately be patient.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to be patient with that many players you have to be willing to sacrifice your time if your just looking to play a quick game this is obviously not for you

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more you play tournaments so big, the more you realize it is very easy.

You need to learn how to survive. The way to do that has been pointed out in the previous posts on this thread.

Patience is a huge factor in big tournaments. Wait for the good cards to come, throw away the bad ones.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to Love poker,,,:dancing2: I also think it depends on the "type" of game you have,,if you play a certain style (aggressive is more exciting) it helps! I could't imagine playing a Whole tourny like a nit,,,,that would be torture,,,lol :thumpdown

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same way you play any tournament with that blind structure.