Originally Posted by sky4ever
the title of the post is misleading, the op is trying to say that you can build up a br by playing satelites. For ex if your br is about 200$ you`re not registering to a 200$ tournament but instead play a zilion satelites for a 11$ buy`in (assuming you don`t go broke) and when you have a br of 10k$ risk it on big tournaments, and that`s when you try to "score big".
The thing is, it`s time consuming and you need a long run to achive this and in the long run it makes no difference if you play normal 11$ MTTs.
Yes, I realize it wasn't a good title for my post. I think alot of people misunderstood my point, and some got it...sort of.
Let me try this one more time, and then I'll leave it alone. Of course now since I wrote, this, I have to try and prove my theory....anyways, here goes.
1. Assuming you already have a moderate BR of $250+
2. Enter a satellite. look for one that has multiple payouts such as the $10 + .70 for Sunday Million. Top 2 wins ticket. The first round is not even a full table (usually 3-5).
3. Win ticket for $200 + 15...unregister.
4. You now have 215 T$ to play with. Now the plan is to never play with your real money again. (Free money)
5. You're going to use the T$ to play smaller tourneys. (Use standard BR management) All cash winnings go into your real money account.
6. When your T$ gets low (set a min limit), probally around 150 T$, use your T$ to play the same satellites to win more T$. (might be best to just play satellites at first to get your T$ up above 400 or 500. Your decision.
7. Now, say if your T$ is above your safe limit, theirs no reason why you can't play another Sunday Million satellite and decide to play it. I'm all for the big win too, I was just trying to come up with a way to reduce the risk of your own money to win money.