Playing with Bluffsters

N

naunihal03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello there, Kindly tell me how to play with a bluffster as if i am always not able to see cards beyond flops.
Many times it occurs when you decide to take game to a show then you losses.
Kindly good tips only.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I think people are bluffing way more than they are, because I myself bluff alot. too much in fact. just stay away from the river without the nutz?

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe bluffing a lot of time in free tournament. but if the tournament is important the bluff has the rules for well players

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, you shouldn't bluff a lot, otherwise your bluffs will be revealed at a distance)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you set at a table you are setting with at least 4 to 5 that will bluff. You watch an figure out the bluffsters and trap them when you get the chance. Be patient and you will get them.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have three rules that I always try to stick with when bluffing !!! 1 Do not bluff against the fish as they can check you at any time, even with an average pair 2 Do not bluff against the chip leader since he has enough chips and he can check your bluff at any time 3 Do not bluff against short players since they have nothing to lose and they can check you at any time !!!

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I face bluff players all the time I prefer to wait until I have a strong hand, and when I hit something on the table, I'm waiting for him to bet me and I'll pay him up to the end and try to steal as many chips . regards

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing someone who bluffs a lot, is to catch them up with a strong hand, usually try to steal. And that's when you put them all in

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I think people are bluffing way more than they are, because I myself bluff alot. too much in fact. just stay away from the river without the nutz?

Same.

If you have ever gone through a bluff catching phase, or you are still in that phase, or you never get out of it, then you probably know that most of the time that you think they are bluffing they are not.

Sometimes you can tell if they are bluffing by seeing a hand or two where they have bluffed before and looking for how they bet.

A lot of the tougher players will be very careful about when they bluff, picking the spots like a sniper rather than a saw gunner.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with bluffers

If a player is playing to many hands and seems to be bluffing way to much... I would only see a flop with stronger hands. knowing they might bluff on the flop on every board, you can call 1 street if you miss, i wouldn't re-raise unless you have it because they probly arent going anywhere since they are loose. the turn comes, hopefully they slow down but if they don't i would let it going, you can get them at a later time and be aware that they might bluff, so you can look to put in the check raise later.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love those moments when I trap a bluffer, I pay the increase when I have a color with A, and when I look at this beautiful flop with three beautiful colors, I rejoice and I send the bluffer sleep

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I usually play the same way as always. I am trying patiently to wait for strong cards and avoid mistakes. When I have strong cards, I take into account my position at the table and make the most use of this situation in my favor.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three rules that I always try to stick with when bluffing !!! 1 Do not bluff against the fish as they can check you at any time, even with an average pair 2 Do not bluff against the chip leader since he has enough chips and he can check your bluff at any time 3 Do not bluff against short players since they have nothing to lose and they can check you at any time !!!

I like your thinking here !

I have similar thoughts about chip leader, because they can call without denting their stack etc.

As to people that bluff too much, I wait until I have a good set or something and then crush their 2 8 off suit.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there, Kindly tell me how to play with a bluffster as if i am always not able to see cards beyond flops.
Many times it occurs when you decide to take game to a show then you losses.
Kindly good tips only.

Raise the bluffer on the flop and if he calls, then bet hard on the turn and river.

Good luck !

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...bluff sometimes not regular..chip stacks, players,position all play into bluffin.....thanks darrell

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

bluff to set up hands for later on works .but not too much .but when needed
:D

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like your rules

These rules make a lot of sense to me.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is NOT what the OP is asking about.

He's asking how to play against a bluffer.

Good luck !

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone bluffs a lot, just get like 2nd pair on the flop and call them until you get to showdown. Sometimes you'll lose, but most times your pair will be good.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something I've been working on lately is being more polarized. basically breaking down range of your opponent. based off position, then running the possibilities that they could have based off the board/flop.... If my holdings have a better chance of winning by showdown then their range I'm betting.... that could be with a monster, or a Semi-bluff... Regardless I'm betting the same... and what I mean by the same is not the same amount every time, its the same based off the texture of the board....

this allows us to disguise most of our remaining range, and doesn't allow our opponent to break it down much figuring we are doing this with made hands and semi bluffs....

are we on a draw, or did we flop a set??? They will never know till there is already more money in the pot.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
The key answer is this: Bully the bully...or just wait for the strong cards and crush them...and always be smart! :)

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are bluffing, then call with a hand. You beat bluffers by showing down hands they beat, which should be just about anything if they are always bluffing.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always keep throwing away the trash hands for the position that I am in. I try to get position on them and set a trap. When I am in early position and I have a premium hand than I limp in with it and wait for their raise and then re-raise on them. This all gets back to minimizing your loses and maximizing your wins. There are some good bluffers out there, but mostly there are a lot of poor bluffers.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

i dont bluff a great deal and if i do, im using position - just recently though i have been testing a theory against specific players i have on a list with regards to bluffing, its an information gathering exercise to see what they are holding and a really valuable tool to use..its not working well i can tell you, but thats a good thing as it proves some of my theories about individual players correct..

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play against bluffing players I opt for a range of value and always strive to be the aggressor in the hands to which I engage against this type of opponent. I also like slow play when I'm nuts and I let the villain "hang himself" by the way he usually plays. Such players mostly have the tendency to put too many chips in the pot to scare off tighter players and that is where the opponent's reading ability comes in. I'm not scared of villains of the type and in a favorable spot I can make a lot of cards fulfilling the objective of the game.