Playing against aggressive players

C

Cannex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,

I am new here and had some questions that I was hoping someone would have some ideas.
I use a chart that will help me decide what hands I should play and in what positions.
That being said if I know that the table is a little aggressive (happens a lot in freerolls) I am sometimes afraid to play a pocket 7 or even 10’s. If you were playing and someone went all in what would you call them with?
Not sure if this is a type of question I should be asking.

Thanks in advance

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are aggressive players who play very well

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient.

If you know that the table is a little agressive you should wait your best hand like AA KK QQ AK JJ and go for all.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play against these type of players.It's a good chance to double my chips.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against aggressive players you have to play aggressively, they often bluff, you have to catch the moment and make them play all in, when you have good cards

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Greetings to you in our community.
I play poker for only 7 months and currently I play only in freerolls.
I always try to wait for strong cards and use my position at the table.
I like the more conservative style of the game.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm aggressive but I rarely bluff. I usually have something to go with. You should probably play your premium hands against aggressive players if it makes you nervous to do otherwise. Personally, however, I'd have to play pocket tens. But that's just me. :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play aggressively and in such circumstances I try to get a good map and then only fight with the aggressor. Or I’m trying to catch this player bluffing. You don’t have to go after such players. Play your style.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient, play passively and wait for good hands. Then you can set up a trap and get them.

I wouldn't call an all in pre-flop with pocket 7s no matter how aggressively they have been playing unless they are low on stack.

On the other hand with pocket 10s it would be worth calling most of the times, especially if they have shown signs of aggro play.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive players at the beginning do not last long ,you can go with them in the flop but nothing more ..pocket with which you can go All in before the flop must be at least 10-10, hand monster AK, AQ..I flew recently against his 4-3 on my AK, All in before the flop..you don't have to do it once ..there is no exact strategy against such a player

P

Pawelfajpawel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Joko413, with a pair of 7 or 10, you can try to catch an aggressive bluffer, but don't do it if thay have more chips than you, otherwise you can quickly leave the game. You need a lot of patience against such a players ...

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Virtually every freeroll you will find maniacs that plays with any, thing, you just have a range of yours, for each position and play in the way that is + EV.
Now do not fool yourself aggressive player does not mean to be bad player, because the best in the world are aggressive Loose on the tables.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If to adhere to conditional rules of the game, then of course play good hands.But and not the last place, this the study of opponents, perhaps even importantly...And patience...

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah when its an aggressive player in freerolls if you got a good hand go for it, normally an easy double up at the begin at the game, If there generally just a bit more aggressive in buy-in MTT's, SNG's etc , play hands with them find there range and trap them with monster hands is your best option as they aggressive so if you dont make the play they will.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a comfortable stack, just close your range and wait for good hands.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will have to agree with the majority here wait for your hand but will add one thing. If the aggressive player continues to push then wait for a good potential hand and then look at the flop. More than likely they will push again then you based off the flop have to decide . In my case if I have more than 12 outs then I consider very hard 16 outs no brainier I am in

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and play tight and aggressive. Play in position (on the button) and trap the aggressive players if or when you flop the nuts (i.e. check/raise).

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one answer against aggressive freeroll players to expect a good hand and reraise into it. Your aggression should be higher than its aggression. If you are in on, you call him limps and small raises with medium hands and higher to hit the flop. You must have a position over the aggressor.
And most importantly, patience, and do not forget to look at other players.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The player being aggressive, can lose everything in a short time.
To combat the aggressiveness of the player is very simple, seek to play when you are sure to win the hand.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With an aggressive table one has to keep their head down when the sheesh is flying around and stick it to them when the opportunity presents itself.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let it not infect your game and stay patient, most of the bad playing agros will be out before you know and the good agros might still in. After that play the good agro`s only when you are in position and your cards are worth to see the flop.